What's new

One Pound of Silver From One Hole!

Fenway

Full Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2012
Messages
129
Reaction score
183
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal II,
CTX 30-30, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was finally able to hook up with Whydah for another hunt. I was certainly not disappointed!

When this showed up in my scoop I thought it was a toy or something. I could not tell how heavy it was because my scoop was full of rocks. When I first picked it up I was thinking "wow, that's heavy"! When I flipped it over and saw that it was stamped "one pound of fine silver .999" I was still in disbelief! I could faintly hear Leighton saying "what is it buddy" as I just kept staring at this coin in amazement! I still can't believe it!

Another thing that is cool about this coin is that it is from 1986 when I worked at Fenway Park. Yes, the ball went through Buckner's legs! I was able to see all of the home games from that year and the few years that followed. I was just a sophomore in high school then and the memories will be with me forever. That's when I earned the nickname "Fenway" from all of my buddies.

On the way home we discussed ways this coin could have ended up out in the mud. It's not really a coin that someone would bring to the beach and then lose. Was it thrown there? Was it sacrificed???

The gold eluded us yesterday, but I certainly grabbed my best find to date!

20140815_140108.webp20140814_144525.webp20140815_140037.webp

Thanks for another unbelievable hunt Buddy, you never cease to amaze! :headbang:
Looking forward to our next adventure!

Still in shock,
Fenway
 
Upvote 0
Wow an unbelievable Silver find! Big high Five for that one!
 
I have to vote banner as well. Incredible find.
 
That's awesome and definitely BANNER material. I'm surprised it fit in your scoop!
 
Great find, congrats. Banner material.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom