One Stinking Silver Coin And A Sore Back

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I headed out to the last site that I detected to see if I had left anything behind. I found 5 wheat pennies, some clad coins, a dollar coin, a 500 Festival Pendant, and a 1956 Rosie. That little NEL Snake search coil on the Makro Racer 2 is deadly at finding masked targets. I'm having fun going back over areas that I've detected before. It's not as productive, but it's fun.

While I was there a jogger stopped by to say hello. I've detected his yard and a rental home that he owns a few doors down from his house earlier this year. A super nice guy! He gave me the addresses of two more rental homes that he owns in the area, plus he's going to get me the address and permission to detect his brother's yard which is just down the street from the two rental properties. It's a large corner lot. This should keep me busy for awhile.

This was my 78th hunt for the year and my silver coin total for the year now stands at 214.

tabman

Racer 2 - 1956 Rosie 001.JPG Racer 2 - 1956 Rosie 003.JPG

Racer 2 - 1956 Rosie 007.JPG Racer 2 - 1956 Rosie 005.JPG

Upvote 10

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
AWESOME! See? You got LOTS of motivation for getting out there! :thumbsup:

On your dollar coin, one of the newer presidentials? That's like getting 4 quarters out of 1 hole. :occasion14:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
What's that silver rod just below the dollar? Looks like a rolled-up piece of foil.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the continued silver streak! :occasion14:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one sharp looking Rosie! Congrats on your continued growing silver count.
Nice array of finds.

Best of luck on your future property hunts!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Rosie! Looks darn near BU ! I'm currently in a silver slump, so I'd welcome a nice, shiny Rosie right about now...good luck on the new permissions...ddf

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AWESOME! See? You got LOTS of motivation for getting out there! :thumbsup:

On your dollar coin, one of the newer presidentials? That's like getting 4 quarters out of 1 hole. :occasion14:
Thanks! I like changing things up to keep motivated. Yeah it's Presidential coin.

What's that silver rod just below the dollar? Looks like a rolled-up piece of foil.
It's some kind of aluminum tube. That's all I know.

Congratualtions on the continued silver streak! :occasion14:
Thanks! It's been a good year for silver coins.

Congrats on the silver
Thanks! I'm happy that I cornered a silver coin today and got some more permissions.

That is one sharp looking Rosie! Congrats on your continued growing silver count.
Nice array of finds.

Best of luck on your future property hunts!
Thanks! You just never know what to expect until you start detecting a site. Some are hot and some are not.

Sweet Rosie! Looks darn near BU ! I'm currently in a silver slump, so I'd welcome a nice, shiny Rosie right about now...good luck on the new permissions...ddf
Thanks! Honestly I wasn't expect much, because it's the third time that I hit that lot.

tabman

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great work on snagging that Rosie! Nothing like sniffing goodies out of trashy areas! Also, great work on all the silver- that's quite a year, so far!!

-- Jeff --

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread