What's new

only edge search?

snappy

Full Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
225
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
OK I know some people here only edge search the halves here is a photo see if you are as good as you think, pick the silver halves. I will post the true # of silver in the photo along with a face photo of these coins in a few days.
 

Attachments

  • silver.webp
    silver.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 552
Upvote 0
I see 9 silver and possibly a 10th
 
I agree with JD-GA.
I'd say there are a solid nine and a likely tenth.
I've been surprised a lot, so I always check the dates.
 
possibly 13. from the left, first 5, then #8,9,10,11,18, 20, 21, and last one
 
I say 11. I am an edge hunter but recently I have been checking dates too :laughing7:
 
OK no one guessed correctly so a hint. there are 2 90%, 1 silver edged 1971.
the only question how many 40%.
 
2 90% and 7 40%
 
The responses already prove my point! Look how many won't even guess, me included!
 
There are 25 coins on that roll

From left to right the silvers are:

1,2,3,9,10,11,20,21,25

Nine Keepers

DW
 
Correction. Number 2 is not silver from left to right.

DW
 
Darth Walker said:
Correction. Number 2 is not silver from left to right.

DW
I don't see how you could possibly say that number 2 ISN'T silver. It's obviously silver, probably a 90%er.
 
My answer is 6. but my guess is 25. I always check the date on halves, unless the back shows it is 1975/1976.
 
I'll say all are silver. It's a guess, but I check every coin so I don't have to be an edge checking expert :)

I'm curious what the right number is.
 
Looks like about half but you never know. I don't date search, I sound search. The only hard ones are the end coins.

Maine_Jim
 
2 90%, 22 40% 1 silver edged 1971, yes there is only one non keeper there. Remember to check the dates.
 

Attachments

  • silver2.webp
    silver2.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 381
Yep ive got 3 or 4 stacks with the clad lookin rims. Yet i dont check dates anymore due to volume. I rim check then clank test them. Dont care what the rims look like those silver ones always sing the same tune.
 
snappy said:
2 90%, 22 40% 1 silver edged 1971, yes there is only one non keeper there. Remember to check the dates.


I don't think looking at a photo is equal to holding the coins in your hand and seeing them in person.
Besides that, it does not allow to test for "sound", which I and others (I know Mojo does) here employ to avoid the task of having to read dates. Between rim searching and sound, it is virtually impossible to miss a silver unless you are deaf and have poor vision.

If I have missed one or two 40%ers over the past 2 years of my CRHing (I doubt I have but let's say I did), it would still be more than worth it in saved time from reading a bunch of marked up coins' dates everytime.

Jim
 
I see clad looking rims that turn out to be silver all the time.. All you rim searchers, keep doing what your doing, more silver for me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom