Only one coin.........but its a Fying Eagle!

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only one coin.........but it's a Fying Eagle!

Got out to a beanfield ( old town site ) I have hit many times.........slim pickings as they drilled the beans into the cornstalks with NO tilling & me and my buddy hit it hard last fall & spring.Only had gone 5-10 ft. when I got a terrible broken signal.........but in the fields I dig everything that is a non-ferrous signal. Dug it & saw a green disc.....wiped it a little & thought I saw Lincoln's head.......Crap!.........turned it over & wiped the back & thought the wheat straws looked strange......Duh!.........it's a wreath! 1858 Flying Eagle.........my 2nd. Much better than my 1st. one!
Only other good finds were the Indian Trade Silver hair tube & a few musket balls & couple of buttons.
Still a great day out detecting!!
HH!

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 245
Upvote 17
Nice there hard to find. That's in good shape

that's a nice one. congrats!

fantastic shape on that FE!!, I like the trade tube also, cool digs!!

Wow fantastic detail left on that one. My only FE is discernible if I rub a little spit on it to reveal the wing :)

Wow fantastic detail left on that one. My only FE is discernible if I rub a little spit on it to reveal the wing :)
I hear 'ya, Bob! My first one was like that.......Thanks for the nice comments, everyone!

Dale

congrats! the thickness of the planchet should have given a hint it wasn't a Lincoln. The FE cents are scarce to find!

I've only found one, and yours is in a whole lot better shape than mine! Congrats

That's awesome. I would love to dig one of those.

Very nice recovery. Thanks for sharing

Nice Flying Eagle! Congrats!

My search goes on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back