Hammer287
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Mar 28, 2017
- Messages
- 77
- Reaction score
- 174
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Northwest Connecticut
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT Pro
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
So I received my first and only metal detector in my life this past Monday. Today I made my second trip out into my yard. In 15 minutes I found a coin which I cannot identify. I brought it to a friend of mine who is a nationally known expert in antiquities and discovered that I found a 1787 colonial penny. It's real beat up and very difficult to read. I will post a picture later on when I get home from work. Three days of owning a metal detector and I find this. Boy this is a fun hobby.
Just edited and added photos
Last edited:

Mine was in worse shape than the one above. Only the chain was really visiable, with 178* barely visiable under a magnifying glass. A friend of mine also found one or two. They're out there. 








