tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Day after memorial day, I made a trip to Carlsbad, NM. Did a whole lot of windshield time with not much time to get out from behind the wheel. The first pic is looking south on I25 from a rest stop north of Wagon Mound, NM on May 30th looking at the rain ahead. On my return, I went to visit a customer in Canon City, CO and then followed the Arkansas river to it source. There's so much moisture this spring and as I went over Fremont pass to the point of where the Arkansas river begins in Lake County, Colorado the snow was flying on June 1st. I thought about the days 40+ years ago working on the very top of Fremont pass and the crazy spring time weather I experienced back then. The mine is getting pretty desperate for help up on Fremont pass, if any of you are looking to get into the mining industry. For me It worked out with what ended up being decades of a working career. I went from being an underground miner to a peddler that then mines the miner's, which all began at that mine up in the cold and miserable weather on top of Fremont pass. Back when I worked a double shift at the mine they gave me a free box lunch for the double shift. First 4 hours was paid time and a half and the 2nd 4 hours was double time pay. These days I don't know what they do, but the job I have now covers all my meals when I'm on the road.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230604-054456_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230604-054456_Gallery.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20230604-054616_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230604-054616_Gallery.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20230602-051918_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20230602-051918_LinkedIn.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 16

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing they don't mention is you get to hunt on their land and there's a ton of elk there. Hope they get some help, but they're in the same boat as everybody else up here. Nobody wants a job.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing they don't mention is you get to hunt on their land and there's a ton of elk there. Hope they get some help, but they're in the same boat as everybody else up here. Nobody wants a job.
A buddy of mine who worked up with me back in the day hired on maybe the winter before last. He just couldn't find a place to live in Leadville and brought his camper down and could only find an RV spot in BV. That added to the cost in a long commute. He decided it wasn't worth it. I told him it's not like it was when we were there long ago, because the cost of living anywhere in Colorado is getting way out of hand these days.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I couldn’t work there, I can’t pronounce molybdenum

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn’t work there, I can’t pronounce molybdenum
Back in 1976 a friend called me to tell me about the add in the Des Moines, Iowa news paper. He was telling me it was a place looking to hire in Colorado called the Climax Moly-be-denim company. I repeated the work out as I was taking to him and my dad overheard and pronounced it correctly and said it's an alloy used in steel harding. That was the first I ever heard of Molybdenum and what it is used for. The want add said they were looking to hire Welders, Pipe fitters, general laborers etc. It said nothing about it being a mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions