What's new

open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from truck transporting them??

grampa

Full Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from 'truck transporting them'??

i leave to go to my main branch to pickup my 3 boxes of halves and 2 of them are already opened (this is my first order there)..... i ask if these were looked through and she says must have happenned on the truck?? i've never before bought boxes that both happen to be open on the exact same side .. in the exact same way. i'm at work so i haven't gone through them yet.. but i did end search one of the open boxes rolls and nadda

i have a feeling even the tellers are trying to beat me to the punch lol

oh well... 1 box is still sealed...

what must it have been like to do this before EVERYONE was onto the game?!?
 
Upvote 0
Re: open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from 'truck transporting them'??

"i have a feeling even the tellers are trying to beat me to the punch"

:thumbsup: Yup. Grrr >:(
 
Re: open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from 'truck transporting them'??

I have had the sides busted out before. I think it was just poor handling of the coins. The worst was when a teller was bringing out a box 2 stacked and one fell and crashed all over the floor with coins rolling everywhere.
I would order more and see if that happens again . Give them the benefit of the doubt for now. But those tellers have been known to be sneaky.
 
Re: open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from 'truck transporting them'??

yeah it could be from handling then.. i just appreciate the fact that they'll even order me boxes.. noone else around here will... they either claim they can't or that it cost them $5 per box... one even claims it costs them $20 / box ....

i'll post tallies later and let you know how i did
 
Re: open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from 'truck transporting them'??

I've had a roll or two missing from an opened box before. Make sure your box has all 50 rolls before you leave the bank. I think it's just due to rough handling during delivery.
 
Re: open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from 'truck transporting them'??

oops.. too late to check but i'll definitely remember that for next time

i did get shorted $50 in dimes on a road trip before... no way to prove it though... i didn't even know which bank did it
 
Re: open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from 'truck transporting them'??

Several times at my #1 supply bank I've received half boxes in bad shape: tape apparently cut, box torn open,etc. Most times these have turned out to be my best ones. May be rough handling or maybe they finally got down to the bottom of a pallet of boxes and they've been sitting there a long time having been covered by newly filled boxes.
If the box is damaged, I always count the rolls but always take it.
 
Re: open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from 'truck transporting them'??

I jst got 2 boxes last night and one was brought out in a quarter box with many stacked on top in order to fit them all. Said it busted on way to bank in truck. No reason to think they were looked through as they all were still machine rolled. Now if they were loose wrapped and/or taped then I would wonder. Both were skunks which is pretty normal from this bank.
 
Re: open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from 'truck transporting them'??

MentalUnrest said:
I jst got 2 boxes last night and one was brought out in a quarter box with many stacked on top in order to fit them all. Said it busted on way to bank in truck. No reason to think they were looked through as they all were still machine rolled. Now if they were loose wrapped and/or taped then I would wonder. Both were skunks which is pretty normal from this bank.
ive had this happen before too!
grampa, i bet it just broke during shipping.....but post the results when u search! keep it up and hh!
 
Re: open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from 'truck transporting them'??

Had it happen a few times. First time I was paranoid and had the teller open it up then I looked inside and saw a couple Bens staring at me! ;D

Maine_Jim
 
Re: open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from 'truck transporting them'??

If you get flat boxes and they're stacked 3 high, the bottom one will burst open if you drop it. It has happened to me when I carried 3 at once.
 
Re: open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from 'truck transporting them'??

Once, I got two boxes that looked like they fell off the truck and rolled down the highway... They were all town and taped back together, and a bunch of the rolls had black marks all over them. They turned out to be some of my best boxes to date.

Always check to make sure all 50 rolls are there, but I wouldn't be suspicious unless all the rolls were re-rolled and taped.
 
Re: open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from 'truck transporting them'??

Most of my boxes were taped up this week. All had keepers. The boxes were dented up from rough handling.
I have however,had taped up boxes where the end coin was pulled off,and I have had re-glued boxes that were skunks so I'm sure that they were tampered with.
HH
Rich
 
Re: open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from 'truck transporting them'??

One time I had to carry my own boxes to the car as the head teller was off that day. I attempted to carry two flat halve boxes at one time (never again). One end of a box was loose. Got halfway across the bank and there they went. Rolls falling out of the box going everywhere! A teller comes over and helps me round up my rolls. Ugh! I thought--someone had opened the box and checked for enders. This was not the case. As I picked up the scattered rolls, I found 2 silver enders looking back at me. :icon_sunny:

I have had open/damaged/taped/crushed boxes. Seems I always find at least one ender in these boxes. Keeps me buying at those specific bank branches.

HSH,
apush :read2:
 
Re: open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from 'truck transporting them'??

apush said:
One time I had to carry my own boxes to the car as the head teller was off that day. I attempted to carry two flat halve boxes at one time (never again). One end of a box was loose. Got halfway across the bank and there they went. Rolls falling out of the box going everywhere! A teller comes over and helps me round up my rolls. Ugh! I thought--someone had opened the box and checked for enders. This was not the case. As I picked up the scattered rolls, I found 2 silver enders looking back at me. :icon_sunny:

I have had open/damaged/taped/crushed boxes. Seems I always find at least one ender in these boxes. Keeps me buying at those specific bank branches.

HSH,
apush :read2:

I got one that can top that Apush.
Last winter I was carrying four boxes to my car. I squatted down,cradling the boxes on my left arm, to open the trunk. I had to lean forward due to the parking space curb placing most most of my weight on my toes. Needless to say I was off balance. All of a sudden like in slow motion I started tipping to my left.
In a blink of an eye my life flashed before me. Well maybe not my life,but the thought of thousands of coins scattered about the parking lot,and the silver ones buried in the snow.
Once I started tipping there was no way of regaining my balance due to the boxes on my left arm. :director:TIMBER ! I went down like a felled tree,scattering the boxes across the parking lot.
The freshly fallen snow saved me,and more importantly the boxes which remained intact :icon_sunny:
HH
Rich
 
Re: open boxes? ever happen to you? possible from 'truck transporting them'??

Glad you came out unscathed on that venture, Mr. Hartford! As I am getting older, I find I lack the coordination I once had. :laughing7:

apush :read2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom