What's new

Opinion Wanted......

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 64 that has some rainbow toning and I am not sure it it is artificial or natural toning. I am leaning toward the artificial side but I am by no means an expert at this so I just wanted your opinion as well. Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • P1250009.webp
    P1250009.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 455
  • P1250010.webp
    P1250010.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 447
Upvote 0
Thats an ugly one- better send it to ME haha. Looks like someone held it in a flame. HH Mark
 
I have a Walker just like that. It has been in a fire and got really hot.

Cat
 
hence why Rainbows are used to express things like pride fest etc.

the coin was probably rubbed down with oil and then things got hot at the club while listening to techno.

then there was an explosion of color.

eww.

probably just oil and some age and heat. oil on water will tone that way, oil on a coin will do the same,
probably sat in a bag or roll or set somewhere for a very long time.
 
Could be natural toning, silver coins will do that given the right, or wrong, storage conditions, it seems to be somewhat a selling point on old silver dollars. Check for some examples on ebay and compare your coin to them and see if it looks natural
RD
 
jewelerdave said:
hence why Rainbows are used to express things like pride fest etc.

the coin was probably rubbed down with oil and then things got hot at the club while listening to techno.

then there was an explosion of color.

eww.

probably just oil and some age and heat. oil on water will tone that way, oil on a coin will do the same,
probably sat in a bag or roll or set somewhere for a very long time.

LOL!
JD- I'm beginning to wonder how you know so much about those rainbow things....
Just kidding.
I was going to say heat exposure.
 
TXTim said:
jewelerdave said:
hence why Rainbows are used to express things like pride fest etc.

the coin was probably rubbed down with oil and then things got hot at the club while listening to techno.

then there was an explosion of color.

eww.

probably just oil and some age and heat. oil on water will tone that way, oil on a coin will do the same,
probably sat in a bag or roll or set somewhere for a very long time.

LOL!
JD- I'm beginning to wonder how you know so much about those rainbow things....
Just kidding.
I was going to say heat exposure.

:D U wrong for dat!
 
Patrick Earl Houston said:
TXTim said:
jewelerdave said:
hence why Rainbows are used to express things like pride fest etc.

the coin was probably rubbed down with oil and then things got hot at the club while listening to techno.

then there was an explosion of color.

eww.

probably just oil and some age and heat. oil on water will tone that way, oil on a coin will do the same,
probably sat in a bag or roll or set somewhere for a very long time.

LOL!
JD- I'm beginning to wonder how you know so much about those rainbow things....
Just kidding.
I was going to say heat exposure.

:D U wrong for dat!
Hittin' to close to home for you Patrick.........LOL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom