Opinions On The 4.5 x7" EXcelerator Searchcoil ?

WormtownHunter

Jun 14, 2006
Worcester, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro
Opinions On The 4.5 x7" EXcelerator Searchcoil ?

G'day Everyone,

After getting alot of use with the Quattro's stock 10.5" coil, I decided to purchase a smaller coil for use in my local parks. I'd like every advantage in ferreting out the elusive old coins from the trash. Has anyone had experience with this particular brand and size elliptical coil? How is the depth in comparison to the size reduction of the coil?

Thanks & Happy Hunting To Everyone!

Barry

Bebop

Jul 14, 2006
Thompson UT.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100/Explorer XS/ Garrett GTI-1500/GTA-1000/Grand Master Hunyer III/White Goldmaster II
Re: Opinions On The 4.5 x7" EXcelerator Searchcoil ?

If your Quattro's is any thing like my Explorer, and the 10.5" coil is a double D coil, you will fine that your 10.5" will go deeper then the 4.5"x7" but the 4.5"x7" will get coins out of heaver trash area because of it smaller size. What is a fact, that is for trash area, smaller the coil is the closer the coin can be to the trash, but you lose depth when the coil gets smaller. So if you are finding deep coins then you might want to stay with your 10.5" coil. If you do a test to determen how deep you can get a dime in that area, and the coins that you are getting are not that deep and the trash is heave enough to interfere then go to a smaller coil. I use three coil, I use 10.5" when the coins are deep enough and the trash is not very heavy, but when the trash gets heaver I use the 8" coil and when the trash gets real heavy I use the 5" coil. I detected a can dump with my 10.5" coil and I did not fine much, then I used my 8" coil and I found three coins, so I went back over the area again with my 5" coil and I found over 35 coins, so that is that. PS. When you get into heavy trash area you might want to use a costum discrimination pattern so you do not hear all that trash. The heaver the trash, the smaller the filed of view you want. But don't go to small, you will block out all your coins, and test your costum pattern on deep coins because on some detectors they will see a coin different at different depths. and put the detector in manual sensitivity or you won't get much better in depth. You can check out my topic at this lenk. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,43643.msg310782.html#msg310782

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread