Opinions on the F75 Please

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just phoned in my order last Friday for one of the new FX-1 probes from Sunray. Now it's even more versitile. Be kind of fun to have what amounts to a tandem line to a 1" coil. :D The lack of one of the Sunrays was one of the "con" items when I listed out which I should buy of the major brands. I had no bias for or against Fisher. Never owned a "pre" Texas unit so I didn't have issues with the buy-out. Stuff happens. I've been through for better and for worse take-overs four times at my various places of employment and there's no reason the change has to be for the worse.

I just listed out several machines in the price and performance range and decided to go F-75.

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I have a T2 and a GB 2 both designed by Dave Johnson. The T2 is very similar to the F75 and love it. I live about a mile from First Texas and had my GB 2 fixed by them. They did a great job and were very quick. Just my 2 cents.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haven't been out too much because of the weather....but I like the F75 so far.

JW

Apr 8, 2005
No. California
Detector(s) used
ML ExII, GPX4000
Fast as all get out but not as deep as the Explorer...

I think it makes a perfect mate with my Explorer. Which is saying a lot, since the White's don't fit and the Tresoro's are close, don't like Garrett...

Except for all the fragile plastic... We have a winner!!!

And with the update it is getting better.

Jul 25, 2004
I bought an F75 2 months ago and so far the jury is still out. I'm about to send it in for the upgrades, and I'll have them try to address what seems to be an intermittent problem with stability while they've got it. I've been reading through the posts here and I noticed that somebody mentioned issues with interference when using a Vibra-Probe. My Vibra-Probe drives the F75 nuts, so IF Fisher manages to fix the machine to my satisfaction I plan on getting a Sun-Ray for it. I've been having trouble accurately pinpointing with the F75, so getting the Sun-Ray should kill 2 birds with one stone. The Vibra-Probe bothers my XLT too, but with the XLT it's merely a bit annoying. I've thought about trying to rig a push-button style microswitch on the the Vibra-Probe so I can manually shut it off, but I suspect there'd be durability issues. I recently bought the new Vibra-Probe 570 for its improved range and sensitivity to small targets compared to the old model 560, so maybe I'll experiment with my old 560.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are you talking about upgrades to the F75, if so do you know what they are and where to send it?

Jul 25, 2004
rjw4law said:
Are you talking about upgrades to the F75, if so do you know what they are and where to send it?

If you own an "original" F75 (one made before the "improved" model), they'll upgrade the weatherproofing, install a sturdier handle, and fix the battery compartment so that the cells fit more snugly for a $50 fee.

email [email protected]

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I already did all that myself...thanks....guess I saved $50

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread