What's new

Original Civil War Leather Belt?

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2009
Messages
1,360
Reaction score
420
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello, I purchased this belt and buckle some time ago. I know the belt buckle is original but wondered about the leather belt. It seems the buckle was on the leather for some time due to the green on the leather but I could be wrong. I know some of you on this forum have an extensive knowledge of that era. I am thinking about selling it do to my daughter being born this May. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy Easter!

Width: 1.86 inches
Thickness: 0.13 inches
 

Attachments

  • Belt.webp
    Belt.webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 428
  • Belt1.webp
    Belt1.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 361
  • Belt2.webp
    Belt2.webp
    47.6 KB · Views: 342
  • Belt3.webp
    Belt3.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 359
  • Belt4.webp
    Belt4.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 340
Very nice piece!

I have tried, but I couldn't find the width of a U.S. issued belt... I have seen a lot of CW leather before though, and I imagine that either this belt has been Very well taken care of, or it is an old replacement for the original belt.

But that's just on the basis of wear and aging--and anything is possible. So best to get it appraised.


-Buckles
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
Very nice piece!

I have tried, but I couldn't find the width of a U.S. issued belt... I have seen a lot of CW leather before though, and I imagine that either this belt has been Very well taken care of, or it is an old replacement for the original belt.

But that's just on the basis of wear and aging--and anything is possible. So best to get it appraised.


-Buckles

Thanks very much for your help.....
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom