Attachments

• DSCF4254.JPG
    DSCF4254.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCF4255.JPG
    DSCF4255.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 263
Re: O's???

for some reason i have to disagree, all of the tent loops i have seen have been a perfect circle, these seem to have been shaped like the letter O, and also usually the material would be placed between two identical rings, unless these are very old tent o's

Upvote 0

chong2mry said:
for some reason i have to disagree, all of the tent loops i have seen have been a perfect circle, these seem to have been shaped like the letter O, and also usually the material would be placed between two identical rings, unless these are very old tent o's

Actually I Don't know on tents either.

I'v always been told Grommets though

Upvote 0

Not always perfect circles. Even on this modern pressed on type.

Attachments

• Oval_Washer_Grommet.gif
    Oval_Washer_Grommet.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 224
Upvote 0

No doubt the resemblance is entirely imaginary, and we will all be enlightened in due course. Nevertheless, these seem to invite comparison...

http://www.sdproducts.co.uk/fabric.html

Common Sense
Turnbutton Fasteners
From Left to Right
Pronged Eyelet - Washer - Turn button

Attachments

• turnbutton2.gif
    turnbutton2.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 249
  • turnbutton.gif
    turnbutton.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 249
Upvote 0

Mostly used for convertable top fasteners in the 30-60 era. Had them on a number of cars I have owned. MG-Triumph-Jag.-Etc. Also purses and bags.

Upvote 0

Gang, lets quit the P***ing contest. Who cares who gets the last post in or who got it right first? Just try to be helpful.
If there was a shaking head icon, I would use it.... ;D

Upvote 0

[=diving doc ]
They are twist the dot fastners, the bottom part that is attached to fabric. The tip comes thru and you twist it to lock
shes Doc i couldn't cheat, I have a drawer full of them for the tarps up at the Tayopa mines.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
, Capiche??
Nein, was es das?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Doc
Tropical Tramp
[/quote]

Upvote 0

PBK said:
dg39 said:
Gang, lets quit the P***ing contest. Who cares who gets the last post in or who got it right first?

Really? Recently, I've received the distinct impression that that's precisely what it's all about for some of those who've posted after me. Hence, "Ignore User." I'm sure I'm missing some good information, but frankly the "saturation" just isn't worth it.

If I can help anyone here, I'm more than glad to give the effort my best. Ask anybody who's followed my posts here over the past two years. However, I decline the honor of being chosen as someone else's bootwipe.

At least I have the humility to leave myself open minded. Sorry you are not that way. I don't shut doors, because I am always open to praise or criticism. I do praise you for you knowledge and ability though. And P.S. You did not include my entire quote.

Upvote 0

first, i would like to thank EVERYONE on there advice and help.honestly, i do not know what i could have done if everyone here has not gotton together to identify some of my knick knacks. i keep everything i find, everything unless im sure it is absolute trash and has no importance what so ever. i was just sceptical on the idea of what these O's are, because i had no idea how the heck they got in the location they were found. but who knows. one time i found a bowling ball in the middle of the desert foothills miles away from any roads or trails;) seriously

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back