What's new

Out here on S. Padre, Wish u were here...

TheRandyMan

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2010
Messages
576
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jut arrived for a week on S. Padre Island and looking forward to doing my first beach hunting along with some local legend investigation. Met author Steve Hathcock who personally autographed 2 of his books that I bought. "Old Indio: Last of the Karankawa Indians on Padre Island" and "Behind the Dunes: Beachcombing, Treasure Hunting and History of South Padre Island, Texas". He has operated a treasure hunting museum on the southern end of the island for some years but told us he recently shut it down to start a book promotion tour so he may be coming to your area in the near future. I started reading the books and he has some very solid information should you ever look to head down this way.

I will be updating my finds in the daily finds section so wish me luck as I go for the gold here in sunny Padre Island. Have a great Memorial Day weekend and God Bless our troops! :walk:
 
Best of Luck on your trip.

Fossis...............
 
I used to spend many weekends on South Padre island. Beautiful area. Keep us posted and take some pictures !! :icon_sunny:
TnMtns
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom