Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Garrett freedom 2 coin commander....................The problem with older detectors is finding parts for them ........With the Freedom 2 Garrett does not have coils for them but you can get coils at someplace in Tx....And Garrett can still repair them.............................................Minelab Gold Striker..Minelab Sovereign the first one they put out.....Minelab tells me no parts for those 2 detectors...........And with Minelab no one but Minelab can repair them...........

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C & G Bobcat, a hipmounted TR with a 6 inch coil that slid on the ground.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
A Compass Goldscanner Pro. It still beats everything but the F-75, for depth and cherry-picking, iron discrimination, nugget hunting, etc. It is however the deepest vlf or multi freq detector I have ever seen in high iron soil, maybe even a bit deeper than the F-75 in some cases. I have one that is revamped and it gets an air depth of phenomenal proportions. If I said how much nearly nobody would want to believe me.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EasyMoney said:
A Compass Goldscanner Pro. It still beats everything but the F-75, for depth and cherry-picking, iron discrimination, nugget hunting, etc. It is however the deepest vlf or multi freq detector I have ever seen in high iron soil, maybe even a bit deeper than the F-75 in some cases. I have one that is revamped and it gets an air depth of phenomenal proportions. If I said how much nearly nobody would want to believe me.

My mentor was also sold on the old Compass machines. I saw him dig CW relics at almost unbelievable depths from the middle of iron patches--with a 20 or 25-year old machine! He bought a Minelab after his Compass bit the dust. Said that was the only thing he could buy that could even approach the Compass in depth or Iron Disc.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roadquest said:
1266 X Fisher...a killer Relic hunter.

Roadquest

You are 100% correct. Worst thing Fisher ever did--besides becoming a part of 1st Texas--was to stop making that machine.

-Buckleboy

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
6000 Di pro by Whites...kick myself in the butt for giving that one up. Woulda gave my DFX a run for it's money.
Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions