Outing Ends on a High Note with an 1800 Half Reale!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I got out today to my favorite site. I hit button after button, but there were no coins...that is until I was about to pack it in, when I got a strong signal between a penny and a pull-tab at 5 inches. It was a strong signal, not typical of the coins at this site, so I was thinking I would be ending with a pull-tab.

Much to my surprise, it turned out to be a coin. I suspected it would be another half reale, but it wasn't until I got home and soaked it that I knew for sure.

I also dug what I originally thought was junk, but it appears to be colonial silver. I have never seen anything like it so hopefully someone recognizes it.

I think the video sums it up better than any story so check it out!

Attachments

• 025a.JPG
    025a.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 026b.JPG
    026b.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 437
  • 031a.JPG
    031a.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 027a.JPG
    027a.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 2
Great hunt. I like the way you blended that video. Button,button,button another button and pow silver. Well done.

Don't know what that silver thingy is, but I'd bet it could be identified by someone. What I do know is that that half real was a cufflink or button at one time. Great finds!

Cheers,

Buck

The Spanish Coin was converted to a button/cufflink & the shank broke off. (PS. noticed BB got in first):laughing7:

The silver piece is interesting:icon_scratch:

Awesome Reale Button .... :o:o:o ...congrats !

Good Day !

I like the videos that move along, not 10 minutes on one find. Who has the patience for that.

Good Day !

I like the videos that move along, not 10 minutes on one find. Who has the patience for that.

Thanks Rick!

I always keep that in mind when I edit them down. Even three minutes of watching one find can be torture!

Unless I am making a field test or other demo type of video, I usually keep them under 3 minutes.

Neil great stuff! Looks like the colonial silver is flowing in SJ. Guess you can forget all about that V3 now eh? :-D

Great Finds! Love the Spanish Silver! Way to go!

Neil you are killing it this season! Looks like I should have joined you on your last outing after all (I didnt find anything at my field). Congrats!!!

Great finds! The fact that the coin may have been used as a button makes it more interesting.

Great vid Neil!! I think the reale turned into a button makes it that much more personal.. CONGRATS.. HH

nice coin Neil. Looks like you had some nice weather to hunt in too. congrats

Neil great stuff! Looks like the colonial silver is flowing in SJ. Guess you can forget all about that V3 now eh? :-D

I'm liking the T2 for my colonial sites, but the V3i is miles ahead when it comes to target ID. I prefer it at sites where there are aluminum twist offs and crown bottle caps.

:icon_thumright: Never get tired of seein Reals!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back