stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mastereagle22 said:
I had one paranormal investigator who told me to go out and by a digital recorder and try to see if there were any EVPs.

Oh yeah, the lady that lived here called me one day to talk to me about an issue and I asked her about the basement and she told me that there was one area in the basement her cats wouldn't go. Hmmmmm
I don't know if you ever watch Ghosthuntes on the SCIFI channel. But everything that you and your family has experienced has happened on that show. It would be neat to do some research into the history of the house. I would take the advice and get a digital recorder....Steve

gods country girl

May 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a firm believer in the paranormal.I live in a haunted house.My house stood empty for 40 years before we bought it. it didn't take us long to figure out why.For me the proof of a haunting was,one night i was putting my son to bed and i heard someone walk into the room.I saw a small child and thinking it was my other son , i turned to pick him up and there was nobody there.My husband did not believe for a long time he always had some kind of explination for the noises, voices, smells, (perfume,pipe smoke etc) cupboards opening,water turning on by itself,lights going on by themself ( and yes you can watch the switch work on its own) etc etc .It started with the sound of someone walking through the house at night.I can't count the number of time my husband and i have gotten out of bed to make sure nobody was in the house, and of course there isn't anyone there. (He used say it was the house settling ), then it would sound like there were people running back n forth upstairs . he said to me go make the kids stop that running around up there, and i pointed out to him that they were all outside.Still he didn't believe, until one day when he was walking through one of the bathrooms and a stick up ( the deodorizers) came off the top of toilet tank and flew right at him . He now believes and even says thanks to the ghost that turns the lights on when your hands are full.
we have had many different types of activity over the 20 years we have lived here,the acivity comes and goes, it's not harmfull in any way, and has only scared us a few times.
some people will always be skeptic and thats fine, but when they have an experience they can't explain any other way,i'd like to be there to say told ya so.

GCG

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI MARGARET: Welcome to the ghost sector, we will convince you of "something" going on.

Incidentally, I see that you rejected my honorable proposal snifff Tell hubby that I am a good, but heart broken, loser :(

Don Jose de La Mancha

jonw440

May 26, 2004
Central,MA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, M6, Classic ID
Ok here are my stories.
We built our house in 1990 on an old corn field (farm from 1800's still standing but owned my an ###hole so I wouldn't WANT to detect there) anyways we built an expandable cape (2nd floor not finished)
In 1995 we started framing in for bedrooms on the 2nd floor that's when it all started.......
I was on the computer (486 8mg,1 gig HD :) ) late at night when I heard something upstairs drop and hit the floor. I spun around and looked at the stars leading upstairs and noticed the clock said 12:00 midnight!
Well I booked to bed real fast and snuggled up to my Wife :)
The next night I made sure I was ASLEEP before 11:00.
I "used to" sleep with my arm under my pillow and hang over the edge of the bed. I was awakened by my arm being slammed onto the bumper (water bed with vinyl bumpers) I looked at the clock yup 12:00 midnight!
Our bedroom was still downstairs and our 6 year old daughter bedroom was next to ours.
I heard someone walk down the hallway then heard the refrigerator open (saw fridge light come on) then close.
I was waiting for my Daughter to go back to bed. Well after a few minutes I got up to make sure she was alright. You guessed it no one was in the kitchen of living room. I checked my daughter and she was sound asleep!
Anothertime our neighbor across the street was checking his mail when he saw someone walk across the kitchen (we have a window that lines up with our rear door slider so you can see if someone walks across the kitchen day or night) he knew we were both working so he drove over to check our house out.(retired Cop) He found no footprints in the fresh fallen snow. He checked the doors and all was locked. He went back home and while he was getting out of his truck he glanced again at out front window and saw someone walk by again. Now he called my Wife at work and called the cops. My Wife showed up and gave the cops the keys to the house. They checked everything and no one was inside! He swore he positively saw someone to this day he says he knows what he saw.
My Wife worked at Dunkin Donuts so she left at 4 AM.I was bringing our kids (6 and 3 and 3 Twins) to their Grandmothers house.My wife left a note saying there is a big can of Raviolis on the counter for the kids Lunch. I looked and couldn't find it so we left and figured Grandma could make them something. When I got home from work my Wife asked me why I hadn't taken the raviolis. I said I couldn't find them she points and said its right there where I left it! (sure enough next to the door on the counter was her note and the can raviolis).

All of this stopped when we finally finished the upstairs (haven't had anything happen in a long time (knocks on wood)
Do I believe in weird things happen? You bet!

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
A buddy and I hired on to stack hay in a barn loft.It was shorter to climb through a window then walk around to the gate so I did.I was walking through the tack room to the loft ladder on the wall and looked in the horse stalls as I walked past them.In the last stall I saw the transparent image of a woman in her mid twenty's in a long dress.Her hair was pulled backand she was wearing an apron, in her hand was a bucket and she was taking grain from the bucket and tossing it to the ground feeding little transparent chickens.She was moving and the chickens were moving and I was standing there watching thinking she should know better then to waste feed like that.My Friend walked up and pushed me to go up the ladder and I asked him " Leroy you seeing this" He turned and looked in the stall and started praying loudly, obviously scared by the sight of this "ghost". To my surprise the nice looking young lady I was watching looked me right in the eye screamed in terror with her face all contorted and dissipated into thin air. Leroy had jumped back out the window and I was standing there with this undeniable feeling that she was the one that had seen the ghost and I was it.I still don't think of her as a ghost but it was like seeing through time, some simple everyday routine from a different plain.I felt as though I owed her an apology for scaring her and for spying on her.I became somewhat infatuated with her and visited the barn on many occasions hoping to see her again and maybe comunicate with her but never saw her again.

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Urban Prospector said:
.I became somewhat infatuated with her and visited the barn on many occasions hoping to see her again and maybe comunicate with her but never saw her again.

We men are too funny. We have one track minds. We even try to hit on spirits!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola MARGARITA y HUBBY: SNIFF. Life can be cruel, sigh, but one must go on.

As for the espiritus, yessem, Mexico is loaded. As time goes by I will post many, including variations of experiments in the paranormal, which does not include phantasmas, but human unexplained abilites. they are allied.

This is a fascinating subject. I hope that it continues for a bit.

Don Jose de La Mancha alias Tayopa

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a great magzine in our area called "Weird NJ" ( http://www.weirdnj.com/ ). It is loaded with tales and haunted places in New Jersey. I have even used it to discover some new sites for metal detecting!

Attachments

• issue22.jpg
    issue22.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 321

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check out michael shermers site called "Skeptic"its covers everything from bigfoot to religion

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I'm somewhat of a believer, and I'll relate something that happened about 8 months ago and actually has to do with metal detecting. I had gone out on this night metal detecting and found a bracelet. It appeared to be silver, I'm not sure. Anyhow, I took it home, I used to rent out a studio at the time. My girl friend is uneasy about bringing in those finds, she tells me I should get rid of it. Normally I take rings, medals, etc to my parent's house or give them away to my aunt, this time, I decided to throw the piece out, so I opened the window and out went the bracelet. I went to take a shower and after about two minutes, I hear my girl friend screaming. I come running out asking her what hell is wrong. She tells me she heard gun shots at the window. The neighborhood was hot for something like that, so the first thing I thought was hell, someone decided to go cowboy now, and of course, I'm worried that another one of those gunshots could come and go through the wall or window and hit one of us. After a minute of waiting is when the entire situation did not make sense. No one outside, the window was fine, nothing broken. I even looked outside around the window and nothing. No trees nearby to smack an acorn or anything at the window. I'm pretty sure it had to do with the bracelet being flung out.

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
yep, i beleive and i listen to the little voice in my head that most of us tend to ignore.

case in point.. yesterday i found a barber half dollar, something i would probably never find in my hometown. i'm currently on a business trip in west virginia and brought my detector along in hopes of finding something cool and old. i went driving around till i found a spot that drew my attention, turned out to be a few picnic tables. i got out of the car with "lets find an old coin" in my mind. after a few minutes of swinging the detector, my attention kept getting drawn to a tree that had a bunch of fallen twigs around it and some kind of bush. it was kind of a pain to swing the detector near this tree. i was like.. that looks like too much trouble and theres soo much land here anyways to be fussin with that bush. the "little voice" said go search under that tree. ok fine, i did. within a minute of swinging the detector under the tree i got a signal, dug it and out came the barber half in the pic below.

next story..
in the other pic below you will see a window with what looks like a small woman standing in it. notice the blinds. the strings to the blinds are perfectly vertical, not pushed aside as would normally be if a living person was in the window. the blinds are not moved in any way. the person in the window is either defying physics or is a ghost. i go with ghost.

the story of whats in of the window is as follows. thats the hotel st francis. i very haunted hotel in st augustine. that window is the one where a young white man and his black love lived in the 1800's. the father disaproved of the interacial relationship and signed sonny up for the military. when the day to head off to the military came around, they found sonny had hung himself. the person in the window is apparently the ghost of the girl. i shot the pic and took many pics of the window within less than a 20 minute time period. her image appears in only one of my many shots.

Attachments

• half 1.JPG
    half 1.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 330
  • half 1.JPG
    half 1.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 310
  • P8200258.JPG
    P8200258.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 315

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
Urban Prospector said:
A buddy and I hired on to stack hay in a barn loft.It was shorter to climb through a window then walk around to the gate so I did.I was walking through the tack room to the loft ladder on the wall and looked in the horse stalls as I walked past them.In the last stall I saw the transparent image of a woman in her mid twenty's in a long dress.Her hair was pulled backand she was wearing an apron, in her hand was a bucket and she was taking grain from the bucket and tossing it to the ground feeding little transparent chickens.She was moving and the chickens were moving and I was standing there watching thinking she should know better then to waste feed like that.My Friend walked up and pushed me to go up the ladder and I asked him " Leroy you seeing this" He turned and looked in the stall and started praying loudly, obviously scared by the sight of this "ghost". To my surprise the nice looking young lady I was watching looked me right in the eye screamed in terror with her face all contorted and dissipated into thin air. Leroy had jumped back out the window and I was standing there with this undeniable feeling that she was the one that had seen the ghost and I was it.I still don't think of her as a ghost but it was like seeing through time, some simple everyday routine from a different plain.I felt as though I owed her an apology for scaring her and for spying on her.I became somewhat infatuated with her and visited the barn on many occasions hoping to see her again and maybe comunicate with her but never saw her again.

sometimes the "ghosts" we see are just a replay of that persons daily activities. they just keep replaying till they fade away. maybe she was killed while in the barn, hence the stare and the scream. you happened to be at the right place at the right time to see the replay.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
she might have been killed there or killed and buried there unknown to others -- the ground in the barn may hide her bones and the crime -- maybe the shock of being suddenly attacked and killed -- recorded it there somehow --- or esle the ghost doesn't know shes dead and thus "thinks" your a ghost --- Ivan

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
I dont believe in Ghost/haunts/ or whatever you want to call them. Have been keyed up when I was in the military and out on patrol and would get a vibe that something was not right. Have thought someone was watching me but not one was! I drink alot of coffee, work late and have a stressful job...it is all due to nerves. I am not saying that there is not life after death, just dont believe that we haunt this world after we die.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re-Tek....first, congrats on your barber!!! Secondly, that looks like some kind of figure in the window. That is interesting!

Urban, very interesting story...I agree with what others said...that was most likely the place of her untimely death, buried there or she thought you were a ghost...which that part really interest me...

And it's ok to be a skeptic...if we all believed, then we wouldn't have anything to discuss :)

R

robert roy

Re: Paranormal Experiences??? Probably

I am always a bit skeptical about such things, not that paranormal doesn't exist, but that maybe there are times (more times than not) where we might be inclined to misintrepret our experiences. HUman beings are great story tellers. We NEED stories if for no other reason than to engage our minds. We transmit information many times through stories. Just how much of our stories are fiction vs non-fiction is always problematic.

There have been many times when metal detecting an area that "out of the blue" I'll look out at a particular direction of ground and just go there and start MDing and sure enough I find stuff!

Personally I do believe....no, not believe...I know that this thing we call ESP exists because I have experienced it first hand.

About six years aho I investigated something known as Remote Viewing ( type that into google ) and took a course on line through www.hrvg.org. The US Govt used it or experimented with it for a period of 20 years before abandoning it. I was skeptical at first but open minded enough to really give it a chance. I was absolutely blown away when I sucessfully discribed targets at a distance without any prior knowledge of WHAT THE TARGET WAS. When I got the feedback I was just stunned that this could be done.

Stephan Schwartz (an older gentleman now probably in his 60's) Stephen Schwartz, author of The Alexandria Project, was one of the first to use remote viewing techniques to find lost archeological sites. A must read for anyone interested.

RV has been invistaged by professionals including skeptics, with amazing results.
This is not the place for this kind of discussion but for anyone interested infurther investigation I would definitely go to google and check out RV websites.
Here are a few:
http://www.crviewer.com/ Controlled Remote Viewing Lyn Buchanan
http://www.farsight.org Farsight Institute Dr. Courtney Brown
http://www.rviewer.com RVIS Paul Smith
http://www.mceagle.com/remote-viewing Remote Viewing Joe McMoneagle
http://www.boundaryinstitute.org Boundary Institute Dean Radin, Ph.D.
http://www.irva.org International Remote Viewer's Association
http://www.paradigm-sys.com/cttart/ Home Page and Virtual Library Dr. Charles T. Tart
http://psychicspy.com PSYCHICSPY.COM Radioman
http://satwater.www9.50megs.com/Captain_of_My_Ship2.htm Captain Of My Ship Skip Atwater
http://drrichardireland.com

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
SWR, you say: "Under magnification, the "ghost" appears to be a stuffed toy/animal standing on the inside window ledge."

Say it isn't so!! "I do believe it spooks I DO believe in spooks" (borrowed from the wizard of Oz movie line where the bear cowers-in-fear-scene). It simply has to be a spook. Nothing else!

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
re-tek said:
yep, i beleive and i listen to the little voice in my head that most of us tend to ignore.

case in point.. yesterday i found a barber half dollar, something i would probably never find in my hometown.

Dude:

Great Barber Half. I found my first and only (also a 1902) back in the spring. Unfortunatley it was bent by some heavy equipment.

Keep in mind that Miami Florida is rich in history. I am sure there are plenty of Barbers. You just have to know where to look! Do some research. Case in point: I am planning a metal detecting trip to New York City in the late fall. I already have it planned out with a ton of research. My only concern is that I will not be the first to the spot...

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OHIO Peeps:

A little thingie, A gentleman dying of cancer in a house at the edge of town asked me to bring my detector to find why he, and others, had aways been hearing sounds of money falling then rolling in a certain room.

To humor him, I went with my trusty GARRETT Master Hunter 7ADX (do I get a discount on my next Detector Charles?) .

First I must explain a bit on the construction of these older houses here. They are of stacked Adobe brick with the floors of fired brick approx. 12 inches square set in sand. No cement or sealer is used. The walls in my home for example, are approx. 4 ft thick, but with floors of glazed tile.

I had them remove every thing from the room, then commenced a methodical search. I found absolutely nothing, until I was searching next to the wall where the head of his bed had been. I received sharp but extremely narrow reaction.

Investigation found a copper coin of 20 centavos with date of 1823 standing on edge right next the wall in the crack between the floor brick and the wall.

I found nothing else, and gave the coin to him. No-one has since heard a coin falling and rolling. ??? I might add that this sound had been heard by many people that had no prior knowledge of the story.

Explanations ?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread