What's new

Park Find.

leafster99

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
31
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, Tesoro Deleon, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This item was detected in a park that was donated by a local artist and astronomer back around in the '50s or a bit earlier. I think I'm digging where his home was.

It's 3 inches tall by 4 inches wide and it could potentially swivel around something the diameter of a pencil. I have no idea what it might be.
 

Attachments

  • one.webp
    one.webp
    348.9 KB · Views: 470
  • two.webp
    two.webp
    192.6 KB · Views: 438
:hello:

Looks like some type of Rudder :dontknow:

SS :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
I'd be thinking old broken flue damper from a cast iron stove/heater.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • 250733275550[1].webp
    250733275550[1].webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 419
  • $(KGrHqV,!hkE3v5+wfmPBN9RWkrcYg~~0_3[1].webp
    $(KGrHqV,!hkE3v5+wfmPBN9RWkrcYg~~0_3[1].webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
I'm thinking it looks like the toggle on the bottom of a ground anchor or some form of Berkshire stake, but I can't find a match.

thumbnail.aspx


thumbnail.aspx


The center cut-out would allow a tapered nose with a pin on it to drive it into the ground, then a 1/4 turn and pull and the pin slips by the flat wings, leaving the anchor set. They use such things to anchor trees and swingsets.
 
Upvote 0
it's a fluke from a fence pole!
 

Attachments

  • fencepole.webp
    fencepole.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 291
Upvote 0
Gotta go with Timekiller--flue damper. Not much there, but enough to show the curve for the round plate. Definitely not a t-stake.
 
Upvote 0
I would think mixer if it was symetrical. My guess Ill go with flue damper or fire door. It doesnt have to be round or symetrical.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom