Park Hills, MO - Getting back into THing after 15 years!

zaweiss

Nov 14, 2006
Park Hills, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Park Hills, MO - Getting back into TH'ing after 15 years!

Hey guys and gals!

My name is Zach, I am new to this site!

Before I go any further, I would like to just say how great I think this site is! Back when I first started metal detecting, the internet was still in it's infant stages and there wasn't anything like this! (I had a subcription to Lost Treasure, that was the most info you could get!)

I have reached a point in my life where I need a healthy hobby, so I decided to pick up metal detecting again!

I live in the Mineral Area in southeast Missouri (Flat River, MO - Park Hills, MO). This area is RICH in history, seeing as most of the nation's lead was mined out of my back yard throughout the late 1800-s and 1900's! There were also several Civil War battles that took place in the area, namely the Battle of Pilot Knob. (Fort Davidson State Historic Site - Ironton, MO)

My brother and I are both going to purchase a Garrett ACE 250 (any opionions on this model?)

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello to everyone!

Hopefully I find some cool stuff that I can post on here!

ZACH - Park Hills, MO
www.macf.can.ac

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Park Hills, MO - Getting back into TH'ing after 15 years!

Welcome back to the hobby Zack. You'd be suprised at how much metal detectors have advanced, in price also.

The Garrett Ace 250 is a good machine for the money. There are ones out there that cost a lot more and find alot less. The only disadvantage the 250 has in my opinion is a lack of a ground balance. The Ace is preset, which is fine if your lucky to be where it doesn't matter much. However many guys & gals in your area are having good results with it.

Git out there and enjoy...
Sandman

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi and welcome to the site. Glad to see your gonna start metal detecting again. I basically just started back in august as a serious hobby, only did it on my vacation to the beach before that. Dont have an Ace 250, but i have heard good things. Good luck
Bobby S

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

ACE 250 is a good choice.The next best (in my opion)for a little more money(329) is the Minelab Musketeer Advantage.It would be a much deeper unit,but the ACE should do you just fine.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome back to the hobby Zach!

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your first finds!

Happy Hunting/NS

garrettfan2

Jul 24, 2006
dallas ft worth

ditto the n stalker. welcome back bro. i have 2 garretts and love them both. the 1st one was the treasure ace 100. the ace 250 is a much improved TA 100. i used it 4 yrs before i upgraded to the gti 1500. found about 2500 coins in 4 yrs. live large, swing early and often, and post some finds. good nite and God bless. gf2 in tx

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage

Welcome back Zach. I too recently came back after having my detector sit in the corner for a few years. I must say I'm totally hooked again.I got back into it for the same reason.Gotta get out there and move around and get some exercise.
Good Luck,Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread