(Part 2) AT pro, not impressed!!

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have put 5 whole hours on this F75 now and it just sucks! Everytime I run it over metal objects in the ground that I don't want... it goes crazy and beeps. I just don't get it. The other day I was going crazy and beeping and instead of a nickel at 4 inches like it was reading it was bottle cap at 6 inches.. this is worse than the AT Pro. I just want a detector that I can turn on and it takes me right to gold and silver, I don't want to have "LEARN" a detector.. Who has time for that?! This is why I quit every sport I ever tried because I wasn't the best at it right away.. This is why I a quit school for that matter.. come to find out learning takes effort! I am what you would call a quitter.. the only thing I can't quit is.. quitting! Good luck but you won't need it. Glad you spent the 600 bones and then didn't even put the 100hrs on it like you're supposed to learn the machine. Your expections are all wrong.. there is no detector that can meet them at any price.

OP
OP
D

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Oh sure when I knock the atpro its like I slapped every detectorest in the face and also the sales guys I always felt It was over rated never had confidence in it, but keep herelng how good it was I was like is this all metal detecdind has to offer. I have found stuff with it and used the hell out of it. So I no this unit I never thought the dept was good and also it took fits"

This is exactly how I feel now. Posted originally by danduts46

If I dislike the AT pro it's like I just disrespected the whole entire forum community! Where's the respect for opinions?

Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Oh sure when I knock the atpro its like I slapped every detectorest in the face and also the sales guys I always felt It was over rated never had confidence in it, but keep herelng how good it was I was like is this all metal detecdind has to offer. I have found stuff with it and used the hell out of it. So I no this unit I never thought the dept was good and also it took fits"

If I dislike the AT pro it's like I just disrespected the whole entire forum community! Where's the respect for opinions?

I could give 2 Shii's what people use...The people that are defending the machine, are the people that figured out all the little quirks it has..the only reason i would "Promote" it, is because its been good to me, and seems to be good for most. Im still goign to upgrade in a year or so to an Etrac...and then i will be talking about how great that machine will be.

Anyhooo...I hope you find some good shiii with your Fisher, i had a buddy here that used one and he loved it

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh please. No detector is perfect and i put my 27 hours on the pro. ITS JUST NOT FOR ME! So please stop hating on people who dislike your favorite machine! Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need

Used the HELL out of it? I think 27 hours is roughly 1/4 of the time recommended to learn the machine. I think HELL in this case, is grandiose use of hyperbole. I think you should post a list of exactly what you expect out of a metal detector and then maybe someone with more experience can possibly point you to detector that can fulfill those expectations. So what DO you expect out of your metal detector?

OP
OP
D

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I expect what is advertised. They promise it could hit a half at 10". Mine couldn't hit it at 8" and yes I tried all settings and sensitivity.

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I expect what is advertised. They promise it could hit a half at 10". Mine couldn't hit it at 8" and yes I tried all settings and sensitivity. Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need

I think you got a lemon. I really do love mine. I hope that you find a detector that you can have fun with. Good luck.

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I expect what is advertised. They promise it could hit a half at 10". Mine couldn't hit it at 8" and yes I tried all settings and sensitivity.

I actually don't doubt that it could but exactly WHERE did you see this advertisement? Is this in Garrett literature or some other official Garrett advertisement? I personally have never seen anything like that advertised by Garrett or any promisary claims at all. Please direct me to this "advertisement". Who is this mysterious "THEY" you speak of? Or is possible you believed the hype of someone not affilliated with Garrett? In what soil conditions are we speaking of?
C'mon... this has been fun but do you really even own an AT Pro? You're silly.. I like you but... you're silly. :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's called "field test" and talking to Garrett's "customer service" and ill make a video for you and say your name on YouTube! So you'll be famous! How does that sound?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well if that is how you feel, i totally understand....Just don't buy a Car or Truck in the near future...or a Boat, or a House..Or anything that isn't going to meet your expectations 100%

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's called "field test" and talking to Garrett's "customer service" and ill make a video for you and say your name on YouTube! So you'll be famous! How does that sound?

Apparently you're not aware that I'm already famous and .... well.. I'm kinda a big deal. So I kindly decline your very generous offer. LMAO... Anyways. What does a "Field Test" have to do with your claims that Garrett advertises the "AT Pro can hit a half at 10"? I have never seen this alleged advertisement. I would think that since there are so many variables.. soil composition, USER EXPERIENCE (which is not an issue here given youre a salty 27hr veteran), settings... that most MD companies would shy away from depth guarantees.. I can't say I have ever seen one from any company. We had a saying in the military that "They" are the worst soldiers in the Army and I think that goes for this situation.. "They" are they worse metal dectorists or advertisers in the business. "They" are the perpetrators of all worst kinds of acts that most often justify the acts perpetrated by those that listened to "They". Good luck selling that AT Pro!:thumbsup:

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently you're not aware that I'm already famous and .... well.. I'm kinda a big deal. So I kindly decline your very generous offer. LMAO... Anyways. What does a "Field Test" have to do with your claims that Garrett advertises the "AT Pro can hit a half at 10"? I have never seen this alleged advertisement. I would think that since there are so many variables.. soil composition, USER EXPERIENCE (which is not an issue here given youre a salty 27hr veteran), settings... that most MD companies would shy away from depth guarantees.. I can't say I have ever seen one from any company. We had a saying in the military that "They" are the worst soldiers in the Army and I think that goes for this situation.. "They" are they worse metal dectorists or advertisers in the business. "They" are the perpetrators of all worst kinds of acts that most often justify the acts perpetrated by those that listened to "They". Good luck selling that AT Pro!:thumbsup:

Ron Burgundy?

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also Ryan...

After going through all your recent posts back to around March, I am further convinced that this entire scenario is a ruse which actually puts you several steps up in my book. To be a funny man and thread arsonist is much better than ... well... nevermind. You said you had used it for 45 mins and then started posting threads flaming the machine. Good luck, I appreciate your humor. A little sad for those that tried to genuinely help you but it is what it is. Sometimes the jokes on us and kindness is a weakness.

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also Ryan... After going through all your recent posts back to around March, I am further convinced that this entire scenario is a ruse which actually puts you several steps up in my book. To be a funny man and thread arsonist is much better than ... well... nevermind. You said you had used it for 45 mins and then started posting threads flaming the machine. Good luck, I appreciate your humor. A little sad for those that tried to genuinely help you but it is what it is. Sometimes the jokes on us and kindness is a weakness.

Ryan! You *******! Lol!!

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried my friends AT gold for 25 min. and it worked on small gold pcs as good as my GBP I didn't go all the way down in size to compare .
I did find the extra knobs were just to much tuning but I picked it up quick
My gold bug pro is so simple , you will fall in love with it , true story .

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh please. No detector is perfect and i put my 27 hours on the pro. ITS JUST NOT FOR ME! So please stop hating on people who dislike your favorite machine! Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need

Relax Sunshine nobody's hatin on ya! But you do seem to preoccupied with "distance test".

I've owned some great machines I just either didn't like or or couldn't come to grips with. The E-Trac…didn't want to listen to R2D2 being raped by a ice-cream truck all day and the balance/weight was plain ridiculous. The Dues another great machine that I just couldn't come to terms with as far as tones go. Everything sounded like junk with it's clipped tones.

Look, if it's not for you and it doesn't give you confidence, by all means get something you like. Might take you a few tries to finally get what ya like but it's not worth swinging something you don't like no matter how others feel about theirs.

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Relax Sunshine nobody's hatin on ya! But you do seem to preoccupied with "distance test".

I've owned some great machines I just either didn't like or or couldn't come to grips with. The E-Trac…didn't want to listen to R2D2 being raped by a ice-cream truck all day and the balance/weight was plain ridiculous. The Dues another great machine that I just couldn't come to terms with as far as tones go. Everything sounded like junk with it's clipped tones.

Look, if it's not for you and it doesn't give you confidence, by all means get something you like. Might take you a few tries to finally get what ya like but it's not worth swinging something you don't like no matter how others feel about theirs.
Hey Big Fella,

How'd you like the Deus performance wise? That machine intrigues me.. wish it was waterproof but looking to that as my next upgrade and as I see you have owned quite a few models/brands what is your favorite, why, and what are you usually hunting? Relics, beach.. etc? I like seeing the brand diversity... guess youre not a brand snob either.
TIA

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Its very cheaply made.......LOL

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Its very cheaply made.......LOL

I like the guy who made banner here by finding 5 lbs worth of 1800's american silver, all in one hole, in a foot of fresh water who claimed 4 times in a 15 minute presentation video that he could never have found it without his AT pro.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread