Fullstock Bronze Member Joined Oct 14, 2012 Messages 1,215 Reaction score 3,806 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 26, 2019 #1 I found this in a Union Cavalry camp today. It appears to be part of a spur with the rowel, but I’ve never seen another one like it. The shaft is square and it looks like it might attach or screw on to the spur body? Thoughts?
I found this in a Union Cavalry camp today. It appears to be part of a spur with the rowel, but I’ve never seen another one like it. The shaft is square and it looks like it might attach or screw on to the spur body? Thoughts?
ticndig Silver Member Joined Apr 17, 2009 Messages 3,656 Reaction score 8,619 Golden Thread 1 Location Cumberland Va 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used T-2-SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 26, 2019 #2 could be a leather working tool see #2 and 3 Upvote 0
Fullstock Bronze Member Joined Oct 14, 2012 Messages 1,215 Reaction score 3,806 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 26, 2019 Thread Owner #3 ticndig said: could be a leather working tool see #2 and 3 Click to expand... Now that you say that, that could be it. This was a long term camp and I’d bet they repaired leather there. Upvote 0
ticndig said: could be a leather working tool see #2 and 3 Click to expand... Now that you say that, that could be it. This was a long term camp and I’d bet they repaired leather there.
creskol Gold Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 13,882 Reaction score 23,351 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 2 Primary Interest: Other Nov 26, 2019 #4 Another consideration: an old pie crimping tool. Upvote 0
rick67 Bronze Member Joined Mar 29, 2014 Messages 1,624 Reaction score 1,736 Golden Thread 0 Location Smithtown NY Detector(s) used XP, Whites, Garrett, Lesche, T-Rex, RTG. Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Nov 26, 2019 #5 If it is for garment making. It would be called a Pattern Tracing Wheel. Upvote 0