What's new

Pawn shop find need some help arrowheads

Tnrelicman

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2010
Messages
351
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac
Maybe not the best place for this but here it goes, I found these at a pawn shop, I know that a lot of these can be fake, can anyone tell by the pictures if these are real and a va?lue on them. My son is in to arrowheads right now, and this could make a good christmas present if they are real
 

Attachments

  • 2011-12-20_11-20-03_949.webp
    2011-12-20_11-20-03_949.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 5,759
Upvote 0
Work has me pinned down today gonna try tomorrow
 
joshuaream said:
I don't think it's possible to absolutely authenticate pieces from a picture, but I do think you can "kill" points from a picture. The notching on many of the points is incorrect for the type, big red flag. Seeing a Marshall/Smith looking point made from the same colorful material as the archaic corner notch is an enormous red flag flapping in the wind.

Agree.

The picture is good enough to be able to tell that a lot of them are fake.

Curious, does the frame come with them though? If it does and a few are authentic, see if you can lowball it a little and you might not be doing too bad.
 
I have seen some beautiful points at a gun show, and when I started talking to the guy, he said they were new, made out of flint dust. He was selling em for $5 each!
 
olroy70 said:
I have seen some beautiful points at a gun show, and when I started talking to the guy, he said they were new, made out of flint dust. He was selling em for $5 each!


What is Flint Dust?
 
Reproductions are fakes.
I wouldn't wish anyone to start a lifetime hobby by collecting fakes. :BangHead:
 
Been hunting arrowheads for quite awhile now and only found one perfect, flawless arrowhead. The rest are that are found are made to be used and have been used and never look like what is in that case. IMHO a modern flintknapper made them. Maybe the salesman does know the difference. Check out flintkanppers.com and you will see what simular points go for. $20.00 to $40.00 each depending on the material.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom