What's new

Pennies, to dig or not to dig

Of course dig the cents. I have several Indian Head Cents so far and I'm sure there is a Flying Eagle out there for me. ALWAYS sweep again after pulling a cent. Often there is a deeper coin that other detectorists have overlooked.
 
I get burned out on the Zincolns for sure , but you really should dig em - I tested a gold ring (10k) and it came up as a zincoln ! also
regarding copper penny signals , a lot of smaller silver rings will read in the penny /dime range - so you will want to dig them .
 
hate digging them, but what if it's a large cent, then what?
 
You dig them!

Why the steely was in such good shape, I'll never know.
I dug a steely once at a tot lot that wasn't even rusted, go figure.



I'm a dig it all kind of guy, so digging penny signals is par for the course for me.
 
I think you pretty much got your answer....Zinc pennies on my machine read the same as

Small Silver rings
Larger Gold rings
Wheat Pennies
Sometimes a Silver coin

it sucks...But the more crap you get out of the ground...the better chances of finding some goodies....I have had on several occassion dug pennies or whatever and went back over the spot, and there was something 3 inches under it...it happens
 
This white gold (10k?) womens ring gave the exact same signal as a zinc penny on my AT Pro (#75). I dig all repeatable signals in the penny range, especially around an old house or park.

2013-08-04 14.02.26.webp
 
This white gold (10k?) womens ring gave the exact same signal as a zinc penny on my AT Pro (#75). I dig all repeatable signals in the penny range, especially around an old house or park.

View attachment 867545

Exaclty why you dig them!....Great ring BTW
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom