Pensacola Hunters

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I have been contacted by a lady that daughter lost a family heirloom on Pensacola Beach during her wedding. Not worth anything as far as money but priceless as far as family history.

Anyone that would like to help me search for it and return it to the family you can PM me.
If you want something for your time, if you find it I will make it worth your while personally.
I know the area and was there today.

I searched about a 40 foot wide area to the surf without luck. Found the usual stuff cans, pull tabs, bottle caps etc. The mother said they covered about a 300 foot wide area totally with pictures etc so

I will be back there tomorrow evening too

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bridge End Farm said:
I have been contacted by a lady that daughter lost a family heirloom on Pensacola Beach during her wedding. Not worth anything as far as money but priceless as far as family history.

Anyone that would like to help me search for it and return it to the family you can PM me.
If you want something for your time, if you find it I will make it worth your while personally.
I know the area and was there today.

I searched about a 40 foot wide area to the surf without luck. Found the usual stuff cans, pull tabs, bottle caps etc. The mother said they covered about a 300 foot wide area totally with pictures etc so

I will be back there tomorrow evening too

Any luck?

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
not yet I have covered about a 50 foot wide line to surf, which is a good 200 feet down at low tide. Going slow and gridding. I have found a bunch of cans and junk but not her item or anything else of value

I still have about 250 more feet to cover to say I have been over it. It could now be in surf too as the high tide mark was way up on beach. Still a game of inches so you never know and I am hunting solo

But I will keep looking

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Navarre. If you need a hand let me know. I don't get home from work until around 5:00pm.

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Conchobar said:
I'm in Navarre. If you need a hand let me know. I don't get home from work until around 5:00pm.

ok pm me a number and I will call you tomorrow
maybe we can hook up this weekend sometime

this thing I found out is smaller than a quarter

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Conchobar and I looked today for a few hours

weddings all up and down the beach

We covered about half of area since a wedding was there too

I don't knw how many he found but I got around 30

bottle caps, 4 tent stakes, 6 beer cans and my favorite

27 pull tabs :hello2:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did much better than I did. I only found one beer can, 6 caps, 10 pull tabs. I tried Navarre Beach this morning. Found a toy car, $0.12 and a redneck fish hook casing (size .30-.06).... they must have been shark fishing.

Anyhow, it was good meeting you Bridge. BTW, I think I may have left my headphone adapter in the Cibola. Went to use the phones this morning and oooops....

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Conchobar said:
You did much better than I did. I only found one beer can, 6 caps, 10 pull tabs. I tried Navarre Beach this morning. Found a toy car, $0.12 and a redneck fish hook casing (size .30-.06).... they must have been shark fishing.

Anyhow, it was good meeting you Bridge. BTW, I think I may have left my headphone adapter in the Cibola. Went to use the phones this morning and oooops....

I just went and looked on it

yes you did. I call you today, putting a new radiator and water pump in my truck right now. Maybe we can get together late today and I return it to you

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No big deal. I've got another one somewhere.

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Conchobar said:

you sure I don't mind have everything in now running to presssurize and see if I have any leaks.

It is hot that is for sure

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
I'll definitely be glad to help - no reward necessary of course! Just PM me and let me know the particulars.

Pcola

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Bridge End Farm said:
Conchobar said:

you sure I don't mind have everything in now running to presssurize and see if I have any leaks.

It is hot that is for sure

wel the pump I put in leaks :(

so tomorrow I will do it again I guess lol bolts be easier to remove now anyway lol

I call you tomorrow and arrange getting it back to you

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
PcolaBoy said:
I'll definitely be glad to help - no reward necessary of course! Just PM me and let me know the particulars.

Pcola

you welcome to join up, we covered about half of area now without luck.
think during week is the best since as I learned Saturday. Weddings everywhere on the beach
during weekend lol

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How'd the repair go? Was the pump bad, or just bad seal on the gasket?

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Conchobar said:
How'd the repair go? Was the pump bad, or just bad seal on the gasket?

no the new one leaks worst than what I had on it.

I had them give me another new one today I just need to install it

you get some of the storms we had here it was popping like crazy all afternoon

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, we had a few lines run through here. As hot as it's been, we needed the rain. Can sure do w/out all the lightning though.

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I have now covered most of this area and without luck so far, we have had so much rain lately

might swing in water in a few weeks when I get back, not sure what might be left of it being in the salt as long as it has

treasurenut

Oct 19, 2006
FL
Detector(s) used
White DFX, Minelab Excaliber II, Aquapulse
I am in Navarre Beach Fl, just saw you message I will be happy to come over and help will send you a PM now, did pick up a ring in Pensacola beach the other day it might be the one? I will describe it in my PM

Call me any time just 10 miles away, just moved here so need to get into it down here a little more, have only been out like 10 times in the last 2 month and only 4 rings so I hope it gets better. I mostly water hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread