People eating their shopping before reaching the checkout. Is this a recent phenomenon?

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a "pseudo adult" eating grapes the other day. Figured I better not go down the toilet paper aisle!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's parents have a whole new different theology of rearing their children. My local grocery store was setting out single bananas and tangerines for free for the youngsters to snack on while the parents shop, before the gotta wear your mask mandates came about. In my generation it was more important to understand patience and wait before you get your little rewards. Today the need is instant gratification. I believe that was brought more so about by the commercial industries in their quest for higher sales. We are a programed society these days. I grew up with the same old phone for decades. Today a smart phone is almost like a pair of socks and your programed to be dissatisfied with what you have every two years in order to purchase the latest and greatest next generation models and that's just a small part of how the new world order operates. Which I guess I'm not conforming so much with, because I still find myself mending the holes in my socks rather than buy a new pair. 🙃

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread