Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this the other day and almost tossed it. I asked VPNavy bout it since he lives in the county this token came from. It is from an amusement type park ( go karts, putt putt golf, batting cages, etc ). He gave me a little info on it so I decided to google a bit more. It turns out there are a couple for sale on Ebay and one seller wants over 12 bucks! Who woulda thunk it? I guess the moral of this story is : don't toss it till you google it:coffee2:

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those 'no cash value' are worth millions!

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see all kinds of stuff on e-Bay with outrageous prices. Just because it's listed, doesn't mean anyone will buy it. Like real estate, recent sales can help determine value of collectible on eBay. I recently researched a knife and determined the value to be about $160.00. I put it on Craigslist and two weeks later, one showed up on eBay in similar condition. It sold for $84.00 arrrg. I book mark items to see if they sold at all and for how much. This helps a lot in determining the value. I know I have sold things on eBay for far less than fair market value in the past, something good research helps avoid. Scammers are abound on eBay, sellers and buyers. So one must be on their toes when dealing with the site. My wife has become quite an aficionado with eBay, so I let her do most of the work, after all, she gets most of the money.LOL.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• BreakingNewsFamilyGuy2.png
    BreakingNewsFamilyGuy2.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 229

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Cool token! :icon_thumright: I love tokens, the older the better, and so far have dug just a few. As to Ebay sellers, some will sell anything BECAUSE some others will buy anything, lol. If buying on eBay, first look at the seller's rating by previous customers which is right there to see -- if there's even a few dissatisfied customers, buy from another seller instead. Also be wary if buying from anyone who's just starting as an eBay seller. My eldest daughter, who has an art background and a lot of energy, worked as eBay seller for her main income for over ten years, researching and selling various items both from garage and estate sales and from consignments by wealthy folk who were downsizing their possessions. I had brief spate as eBay buyer and only got burned once -- by a newbie seller who never sent the item I'd paid for. Have fun! Andi

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive sold many new-ish tokens for a few bucks..those old Chuck E. Cheese ones have collectors-
now you want to see weird...I actually buy (and yes...a few have popped up on ebay) things like old chip bags...candy wrappers....food boxes....basically food related trash....heh..(old in my case means 60s...70s...80s...a few things w/mascots or graphics into the 90s)..Im a graphic designer and it takes up a lot less space (and harder to find) than my previous bottle and can type collections (of course...silver and gold takes up the least space at all...heh)

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dam, that's good to know. i probably threw out some money in the past! thanks for the heads up.

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never sold a token that I've found.My best to date was from 1918, a trade token from Valleo, Ca. It was almost as fun to find as the 1917 Merc dime I found in the same field. My too Oldest and my too favorite keepers.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More amazing to me is not what's for sale on ebay, but what is actually sold. It does prove that there is one for every seat. HH, and happy selling!

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good to know about the Chuck E Cheese token......I found one of those in my yard, lol!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found a token other day they sure let out a nice ring thought it was silver,wasn't but still cool. haven't researched yet.

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the ebay heyday I sold Liars Poker dollars. Yes people buy anything. That was my experiment in "extreme" consumerism. If I had a dollar with more than 5 of the same number in its serial number I could get a 20-30% premium over face no matter the condition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions