What's new

Pepper spray

longsocks

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
254
Reaction score
60
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone carry pepper spray, when out detecting or am I the only one??.
 
I saw the bear spray and was thinking of getting it till I saw that it was 39.95 but might get it any how down the road ...
 
I live in Western NY so the liberals in NY City control everything and make it almost impossible to carry a gun or pepper spray. But I got this friend who used to work for me who is what he calls an invention techie. He was worried I'd get mugged hunting some of the seedier parts of my local cities so he made this nifty little thing for me that uses a CO2 cartridge found at wally world a box of three cost around five bucks. Anyway it fires a small bean bag and can knock a person out. I've never had to use it but in testing it it took one of my bigger employees 6'3" 230 lbs down and knocked the air out of him after taking a shot to the midsection at around five feet away. for the most part it resembles a pvc pipe with a valve attached and the only metal parts are where the CO2 cartridge attaches to the bottom. I'd post a picture but not sure if I'd get into trouble or not. :P
 
Ha!!!!!!!!!!

bearsign.jpg
 
Last year one(mountain lion) was shot in chicago not far from wrigley field.. 60 miles north of chicago in my area we have had in the last few months a few sightings also, and on the north side of milwaukee black bear sighting too.. maybe pepper spray or bear spray wont cut the mustard ???
:sad1: :sad1: I just don't want to become some critters lunch .
 
I carry a .40 cal with hydroshocks--and a 14" bowie to cut my throat with in case the 40 does not work.
 
Minstrel said:
I carry a .40 cal with hydroshocks--and a 14" bowie to cut my throat with in case the 40 does not work.
The pioneers going west advised saving the last round for yourself . That's the way I would go .
Those bowies are very effective for protection ; but , not something I would use on myself if I had an alternative .
 
I carry a Makarov 380 ACP. Light weight, wont bog you down! :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • Makarov.webp
    Makarov.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,063
Our most common problem in the southern Calif deserts is rattlesnakes. Pepper spray works just fine on them.
 
Treasure finder said:
Our most common problem in the southern Calif deserts is rattlesnakes. Pepper spray works just fine on them.

That is interesting to hear, Treasure finder; I've heard reports to the contrary that pepper spray does nothing but create a PO'd snake :-\ Since you've used the spray successfully, may I as how the snake reacts?? Does it scoot away or just curl up with its' feelings hurt? We spend a lot of time in Florida & I've been reluctant to MD in a lot of areas I'd really like to because of poisonous snake fears.
 
ParaOrd P-12 .45 :thumbsup:
 
Smith & Wesson 9mm
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom