What's new

Pepsi bottle, how old is it and whats it worth?

TheEquineFencer

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
39
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Farmville,NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pepsi bottle, how old is it and what's it worth?

I found an old Pepsi cola bottle while out scoping out gold panning sites. Here's a couple of pictures of it. What's it worth and how old is it?
 

Attachments

  • 20130915_143714[1].webp
    20130915_143714[1].webp
    467.7 KB · Views: 2,428
  • 20130915_143708[1].webp
    20130915_143708[1].webp
    466.7 KB · Views: 6,789
  • 20130915_143655[1].webp
    20130915_143655[1].webp
    824.5 KB · Views: 2,127
Very Cool!!!!
 
I'm thinkin 40s to 50s , value ?
 
Howdy Fencer,

Welcome to TNet & thanks for showing us your Pepsi. The Patent dates to April of 1940 by James Steelman, and is called the Wave bottle by Pepsi people. Yours was made by the Laurens Glass Works of Laurens, SC. There are millions of Wave bottles out there. Yours is lacking the ACL, or paper label, so unfortunately, has very little collector interest, and minimal monetary value.

pepsi+9.webp​
 
Hey vpnavy,

I see these with unrealistic asking prices all the time. You could watch that one not sell for a very long time. Without the ACL, or a paper label, I would be delighted to sell one for anything north of a dollar. When I find them in this condition, I leave them for the next guy...

Pepsi-Ad-1941-06-29.webp​
 
Howdy Fencer,

Welcome to TNet & thanks for showing us your Pepsi. The Patent dates to April of 1940 by James Steelman, and is called the Wave bottle by Pepsi people. Yours was made by the Laurens Glass Works of Laurens, SC. There are millions of Wave bottles out there. Yours is lacking the ACL, or paper label, so unfortunately, has very little collector interest, and minimal monetary value.


Thanks for the ifo. That'skind of what I tought, just a conversation piece I guess. I found it while panning in a remote location. I guess one of the old miners must have left it there. Where it was, it could not have washed there, it was at the top of a hill in an old washout spot.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom