What's new

Persistence Pays Off

FL Junkman

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
279
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
I was running some errands last Friday afternoon and in the process stopped by a bank to see if they had any half dollars. The teller said they had one roll but it was in the funds of a teller who was not on duty at the time and they could not sell it. She said the teller would be back in on Tuesday morning. So I went back this morning early and was told that the teller I needed to see did not come in until 10:30. Well, I had some more errands to run and left my card asking this teller to let the other teller know that I would be back by in a couple of hours to pick up the halves and please hold them for me. Went back by about 2 1/2 hours later and sure enought the teller I had been trying to see was indeed on duty. Purchased the roll of halves and didn't open them until back in the car. The ender was a 1958 Ben Franklin so I was pumped thinking maybe there were a few more Bens in the roll. Alas, no more Bens but the rest of the roll contained 18 90%'ers and one 40%'er. Best roll I ever picked up from a bank. Should be back out road trippin with this kind of luck but no, I gotta get out the paint brush and make Mama happy!! HH

FL Junkman
 
Upvote 0
Sweet score! By the way, you should definitely give Loomis a try. Being in Lakeland, you are pulling from the Orlando supply. I dump 30k a month on Brinks in the Orlando vault. Good luck and again congrats on silver cull.
 
HUGE SCORE - CONGRATULATIONS - YOUR PERSISTENCE PAID OFF!!! :hello2:
 
Nice score :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom