What's new

Pestle Preform

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a short hunt yesterday had to leave due to a thunderhead circling me with lightning. I was the tallest thing in the field.
Found this rock with polish on 1 side its the same type of stone as the Hoof Pestle and found in the same area. I did find one HBer and it looks to be a Greenbriar base. Could of been a scraper or a knife but without the top it would be just a guess. I do find them hafted scrapers out there. HH, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC11358.webp
    SDC11358.webp
    471.1 KB · Views: 120
  • SDC11360.webp
    SDC11360.webp
    459.6 KB · Views: 114
  • SDC11363.webp
    SDC11363.webp
    290.4 KB · Views: 109
  • SDC11364.webp
    SDC11364.webp
    293.1 KB · Views: 115
  • SDC11365.webp
    SDC11365.webp
    255.7 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
Sounds good to me boss looks like it was started on anyways ;)
 
Sounds good to me boss looks like it was started on anyways ;)

Could just be a grinder at the start then later changed to whatever they wanted with time. It is the same type of stone as my Pestle. Never found any natural stones of it yet and the brown spots is the mineral deposits.
 

Attachments

  • SDC11360.webp
    SDC11360.webp
    459.6 KB · Views: 89
  • SDC11284.webp
    SDC11284.webp
    616.8 KB · Views: 97

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom