What's new

Pestle

zerry

Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2017
Messages
51
Reaction score
60
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These were found in Idaho at Crane Creek . The two last pics. where found here at my home in Council, named that because it was where Indian council's were held, you get to Crane Creek through Indian Valley IMG_20170517_124713.webpIMG_20170517_124719.webpIMG_20170517_124736.webpIMG_20170517_124921.webpIMG_20170517_124926.webpIMG_20170517_124959.webpIMG_20170517_125006.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20170423_080101.webp
    IMG_20170423_080101.webp
    169.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Zerry, welcome to TreasureNet.

When you start a thread please give us some information and better pictures, yours is out of focus, we can not see the end or other side and there is no info on how and where it was found.
 
Welcome zerry!
On your 1st one that you think is a Pestle I would adventure to say Pole Celt with the bit missing just going by the green stone being so polished. On the others great finds but all pics outside in natural light is best. Sometimes its raining so of course its a tough time to take pics but outside in natural light works great if you have that option. Thanks for sharing your finds, rock
 
Welcome aboard zerry! Those are some nice examples of Idaho artifacts. Thanks for sharing them with us.
 
They give me hell about my pics too..... Looks like you got some good finds. Is everything named after an indian out that way

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
 
Welcome from a fellow Idaho member! Awesome finds... I have a co-worker that grew up in Council, still has a place up there by Pole creek.
 
Not everything, but I live just over the hill from HELL"S canyon down the road from the DEVIL"S ink well and I can see the 7Devil's mountain range, and down the road from NO BUSINESS BASIN and Summer's grave ...he is why the name no business basin... he was like liver eating Johnson.. he killed any Indian that came close... told them they had No business being there.
 
I live just up the road about 5 miles.
 
Welcome Zerry, you have a nice collection of points. I have a pestle that is very similar to yours that was found by my aunt north of you around Lewiston I think. By the sound of things there ought to be a lot of artifacts around you. Here is pic of pestle.
 

Attachments

  • P1050599.webp
    P1050599.webp
    73.4 KB · Views: 86
  • P1050600.webp
    P1050600.webp
    88.6 KB · Views: 79
I live just up the road about 5 miles.

Man, I found mill creek, bear creek, grouse creek, cow creek, steves creek, hornet creek, grouse creek, boulder creek etc...... I don't see Crane creek.
I know it's small world up there you know the Cowger family by chance?

---update.......

Ah Sorry I mis-read your post. You found the last ones pictured in Council. The others at some place called Crane Creek.
My friend has found some nice obsidian pieces in Council...
 
Last edited:
Welcome to the site! You have some super fine artifacts and I love the names of the places there! Thanks for sharing with us and hope to see more soon.
 
Sorry crane creek reservoir out of Midvale Idaho and is private land all the way around it.
 
Last edited:
some more blurry pics in the wrong lighting , but I came to this page to look up a rock I found and got so excited about all the other stuff so I am posting some basalt broken knives and such, some things made of other material, some tools. and obsidian, and some bigger tools. enjoy.IMG_20170517_204601.webpIMG_20170517_204609.webpIMG_20170517_204613.webpIMG_20170517_204617.webpIMG_20170517_204621.webpIMG_20170517_204653.webpIMG_20170517_204808.webpIMG_20170517_204812.webpIMG_20170517_204819.webpIMG_20170517_204838.webpIMG_20170517_204842.webpIMG_20170517_205152.webpIMG_20170517_205159.webpIMG_20170517_205200.webpIMG_20170517_205205.webpIMG_20170517_205207.webpIMG_20170517_205717.webpIMG_20170517_205722.webpIMG_20170517_205727.webp
 
Not everything, but I live just over the hill from HELL"S canyon down the road from the DEVIL"S ink well and I can see the 7Devil's mountain range, and down the road from NO BUSINESS BASIN and Summer's grave ...he is why the name no business basin... he was like liver eating Johnson.. he killed any Indian that came close... told them they had No business being there.
Oh that's cool...... Just trying to be friendly

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom