cannonball
Hero Member
- Joined
- Feb 20, 2010
- Messages
- 915
- Reaction score
- 4,783
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- East Coast NJ
- Detector(s) used
- DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
I haven't been able to find an image but I think it might read "N.H. B. Co. Patent" for the New Haven Button Company. Though I've also seen it indexed as the New Haven and Baltimore Button Co. The Big Book of Buttons lists it under "Early American Pewter Button Makers" and c. 1808-1831 Waterbury, Connecticut.THANK YOU BRAMBLEFIND. You did it again! Nice JobHiI haven't been able to find an image but I think it might read "N.H. B. Co. Patent" for the New Haven Button Company. Though I've also seen it indexed as the New Haven and Baltimore Button Co. The Big Book of Buttons lists it under "Early American Pewter Button Makers" and c. 1808-1831 Waterbury, Connecticut.
This Worthpoint listing seems to be describing the mark but there is not a close up image -
![]()
1800-1830s Hard White Metal Buttons Grilley,A. Goodyear & Son, Platt, H. Smith | #494142401
This auction is for a collection of eleven (11)different back mark types of Hard White Metal Buttons and examples of hardwhite metal buttons made in Connecticut from 1800 to the mid 1830s: Following awww.worthpoint.com