What's new

Pewter & metal button, need some info

jml818

Full Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
118
Reaction score
459
Golden Thread
0
Location
Philadelphia, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone seen buttons like these? circa?
First one with a flower is a heavy button little smaller than a quarter and no writing on back due to it being lead/pewter.
I found it deep in woods around some old stone walls, outside Philadelphia.

Second one I found couple miles away from the first, around one of my old fishing holes.
thx
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0993.webp
    IMG_0993.webp
    86.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0994.webp
    IMG_0994.webp
    69.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0995.webp
    IMG_0995.webp
    161.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0996.webp
    IMG_0996.webp
    209.9 KB · Views: 144
Your first button appears to be pewter and is probably 200 years old give or take. The second is from approx. 1902 to 1930. I found this information by Googling the Arts Metal Works, Newark N. J. Great Seal button. This brought me back to Treasurenet and some information on Great Seal Button backmarks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom