What's new

Phillip lll coin

Jaba

Greenie
Joined
Apr 16, 2018
Messages
13
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
Location
Knoxville Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I was looking on Ebay for a Phillip lll coin to make into a necklace.I found several coming out of both Austria and Isreal that seem too good to be true.Does anyone know if fakes are being produced in these countries.Thanks in advance for your answers .
 
Fakes are being produced probably in most countries; not just the two you mentioned.
Suggestion: Require a Certificate of Authenticity from a reputable seller as your first line of defense.
Don......
 
That's what I figured.About 30 years ago I had a grade 1 Atocha.However I was an idiot an gave it away.Thanks for your answer.
 
Or you could go hunt down a lost one and know it's real... ok, you're right, that's not bloody likely... :laughing7:
 
I lived in Key West in 1990 and got mine with the Treasure Salvors certificate from a pawn shop for 300 bucks.I doubt I could get one from Sedwick for that.I might just end up getting a replica coin made from Atocha silver.
 
Java actually I have been considering a move back down to the Florida area and if i am there I plan on metal detecting.However I know folks who have been looking a long time and have never found one so I don't like my chances.
 
I lived in Key West in 1990 and got mine with the Treasure Salvors certificate from a pawn shop for 300 bucks.I doubt I could get one from Sedwick for that.I might just end up getting a replica coin made from Atocha silver.

003.webp
Got this one for fathers-day gift .Replica made from Atocha silver. Maybe some day I'll find a real one...And maybe not :)005.webp
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom