What's new

phrostie strikes again - 32.5044 ozs

phrostie

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
534
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nap Town
Well I've been away for too long that's for sure. After a 4 week break (2 week AT for National Guard and a nearly 2 week VACAY), I'm easing back into the hunt. What I found on Friday nearly gave me a heartattack. See, I was trying to EASE into the hunt, not make up for lost time! But no complaints here!!! After making my daily drop (I had already stopped at 3 banks too) I was headed back to work. A series of two stoplights, to which I was going to turn left, were red. Intead of waiting at the light I took the two rights to get to a bank I had planned on going to but had ran out of time...or did I?? The bank had $2 in loose, and when I asked about rolls they remembered someone dropping off some, a total of $190. I immediately thought dumps, but to my surprise all rolls came back with the coveted 'lucky wrapper' (see pic below). I always score out of these wrappers; 3 months ago my 3 solid silver rolls of franks and liberties were in this same wrapper. Perhaps a wrapper from the 70's? Anyways, I see writing on one roll, '1971 Kennedy.' I was like, "Sweet at least it's a collection." I get out to the car and pick up another roll. 1968. Really? These wrappers were crisp as if they had either recently been put in the rolls or not touched for a very long time. I opened it up to verify, and yep, all 1968s. Out of the $190, 10 rolls were solid silver, and 2 rolls had mixed silver. Two rolls of them were titled 1967 Kennedy ("New"). Most of these coins were BU and appeared as if they had only been removed from the original wrapper...no wear, pristine condition, absolutely beautiful. After the smoke cleared and the dust settled, I ended up with the following.

1964 - 4
1965 - 3
1966 - 3
1967 - 100
1968 - 62
1969 - 42

214 SILVER, 32.5044 ozs.
 

Attachments

  • Zi6_2760_comp.webp
    Zi6_2760_comp.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 415
  • Zi6_2763_comp.webp
    Zi6_2763_comp.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 414
  • Zi6_2764.webp
    Zi6_2764.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 416
Upvote 0
Nice finds bro. , always fun to see stuff like this.


JJ :coffee2:
 
Great score phrostie! :notworthy: Nobody pulls in those solid rolls like you do. Now get back to feedin' that baby!
 
:icon_thumright:

Awesome score.
 
Ah yes - nice score. :icon_thumright:

Maine_Jim
 
Wow that is a huge score ... those solid rolls add up fast when u can find them ... kudos on a nice pile of silver ,Ed
 
cmhoose said:
Great score phrostie! :notworthy: Nobody pulls in those solid rolls like you do. Now get back to feedin' that baby!

She already was fed, that's why that bottle that I strategically placed on the coffee table was EMPTY! My silver pile can help pay for the outrageous price of formula!
 
Good work :)

Yes, formula is VERY $$$$.

No baby pictures?
 
ashdowney,

here's a pic of the baby... what do ya think? As you can see she was sleeping peacefully knowing FAJA picked up that much silver. She knows her college will now be paid for!
 

Attachments

  • EV.webp
    EV.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 316
Phrostie!!
Beautiful baby!!
Beautiful pile of silver!!
Beautiful, baby, beautiful!!!
- Grizz
 
WTG Phrostie!!!!!!!! :headbang:
 
Excellent pickup Phrostie!!! They even labeled them for you....ha!! Nice job. That will make a stash grow in a hurry.

Thanks for the great pictures. Keep em coming and good luck on the next hunt.

Congrats on the little cutie too. Ya done good all around dude.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom