What's new

Picked up a box of dimes this morning

USMCLion

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
After straining my eyes for what seemed like hours I came away with three silver rosies 61,62, and 48.
Silver is silver I guess.
 
Upvote 0
USMCLion said:
After straining my eyes for what seemed like hours I came away with three silver rosies 61,62, and 48.Silver is silver I guess.
Dimes are the easiest to hunt. I get them in those clear wrappers. I only edge search takes only a few seconds per roll. If I see a white (silver) strip among the clad I break open the roll. If not I keep it rolled up.

Some foreign coins will look like silver though. :(

Sometimes I buy $500 bags of dimes then I take a small handfull and put it in a "v" shaped tray I built. It lines up all the coins just like they were in a clear wrapper.
 
Three silver dimes in a box is pretty good in my experience.

Brian
 
3 that sounds good to me. Dimes have been pretty good to me over on this end. I average about 1-2 a box. my best was 5. so far i have 33 rosies and 4 mercs. Keep it up
 
I've done a few dime boxes too. they were the clear wrappers. 1 per box, no mercs.
 
cyberdan said:
USMCLion said:
After straining my eyes for what seemed like hours I came away with three silver rosies 61,62, and 48.Silver is silver I guess.
Dimes are the easiest to hunt. I get them in those clear wrappers. I only edge search takes only a few seconds per roll. If I see a white (silver) strip among the clad I break open the roll. If not I keep it rolled up.

Some foreign coins will look like silver though. :(

Sometimes I buy $500 bags of dimes then I take a small handfull and put it in a "v" shaped tray I built. It lines up all the coins just like they were in a clear wrapper.

The V-tray is a great idea!

Edge checks in plastic rolls are quick & easy - slit the roll, pull the silver and replace with clad - scotch tape it and put it on the bottom row in the box.
You can then return a full box of dimes with little trouble. Be sure you look with a magnifier for the dirty rim silver.

Bag coins should be "face" checked first. Put them in a box top and swish the around -look for anything unusual. I've found dirty edged mercs that would have never been found by edge searching.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom