43.4 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures mentalfloss. Looks like predominately Hopewell pieces. I had always wondered what happened to the large Cache of Blades that was dug up by Moorehead. I wonder if this museum has all of them and are only showing those few or is that is all they have? Also, can't you just imagine the Hopewell people making their human sacrifices with those large Obsidian Blades.

Thanks for showing us those great pictures.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great pics, those blades are fine fine artifacts. I can't imagine finding that many blades, I mean I get so excited when I find a good notched,serrated Kirk. ;D I'm yet to feel the wonder of finding a Paleo point. Something to look forward to though.

It was a pleasure to help you sweetheart, no problem. :wink: Thanks for posting those.. :thumbsup:

Molly. :)

P

pickaway

Yeah that is interesting seeing them there, looks like the right material they were made of to.Those earspools are killa.Thanks for the pics...

Thanks for the look. Its good to know that at least some stuff actualy gets put on display and not locked up in some university warehouse!!
Wish we had more Hopewell down here now!! ::)
Molly, thats the blade cache I told you about that was found years and years ago!!

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
Is that from the Chicago Feild museum? I beleive I have seen those there. If not I have seen some just like that. The Chicago Field museum has awesome displays of everything you could thik of. Egyption ,Myan , Native American, African, Dino's , they got it all. If you have never been there it is worth the trip. There is a huge aquarium right across the street too. You'll need a whole day for the feild museum tho.

Twig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread