Pics of my Collection

kneedpnholes

Sep 17, 2005
Eastman, Ga.
Very cool!.....As a kid I always looked whenever the rains would wash away the dirt and had a very huge collection like yours!.Alas I went to college and someone broke into my dads and stole it all!.....I even had 24 stone basins they used for grinding corn on and countless stones for pedestals!..even had one complete pot that was verrrrryyy painstakingly uncovered from the surrounding strata!. I want to kill someone! I had obsidian points and even pure quartz points! Even had one Clear point that was pure see thru!.my fav was a tobacco bowl tho.................when I dug it it had a bit of the stem left!.....I am older and can`t get over there like I used to but I`m tryin to redo!.....A friend has let me onto a cave that the archeologists don`t know about....I will take pics of the drawings on the walls and let you guys know what I have found.If Its a major site I will let the authorities know! We have several .um...mounds on the property but I don`t go there.......just around them! I don`t need any bad karma!

OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Hey Kneedeep, That really sucks about your collection!!! I'd have hunted someone to the ends of the earth! Please do post pics of the drawings! I'd love to see them! I have some new finds I need to add pictures of to this post. Maybe one day soon I can get to them. We'll see! And thanks for the comments!

;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Some of the recent additions to my pottery collection.

I spent the rest of the day trying to locate more of the one that is black and white and very intricately painted.... no luck.

The last one is half of a planchet made from a piece of pottery, and 1/4 of a ring made from a clam shell.

Attachments

• Painted.JPG
    Painted.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 10,688
  • Painted2.JPG
    Painted2.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 10,641
  • Painted3.JPG
    Painted3.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 10,612
  • Jewlry.JPG
    Jewlry.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 10,550

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
there is alot of the black on white pottery in SW new mexico, i think they call it tularosa pottery

OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
chong2mry said:
there is alot of the black on white pottery in SW new mexico, i think they call it tularosa pottery

Apparently there is a bunch of it in SE Arizona too! LOL Well, actually, I wouldn't say a bunch.... but there is some.

BobPA

Feb 18, 2007
Williamsport, Home of Little League Baseball
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Nice collection. I once lived on a farm that had an Indian Village located on it. The state built a new highway through the middle of the farm and took my house. Before the project started, the state hired archeologist's to come in and do digs. They found numerous storage pits and other artifacts.

After a rainstorm, I use to walk between the corn rows and pick up many arrowheads, but not anything like your collection.

Can you tell me what the item is in your picture?
Bob

Attachments

• indexCAB94VRR.jpg
    indexCAB94VRR.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 10,392

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Holy Cripes!!!

how long have you been finding/collecting those,I'm in NY state and couldnt begin to imagine where i could find just one arrowhead,i know they are around ive read about them being found here.

OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
BobPA said:
Can you tell me what the item is in your picture?
Bob

Bob, sorry it has taken me soooooo long to get back to ya. I had a cross-country move and after almost a year I am finally getting settled into things and getting back involved.

The piece you asked about is a carved sandstone turtle that was found in a bluff overhang near Huntsville, Alabama... I think... somewhere in northern Alabama during the 70's on a private farm. I have no idea where exactly, I just know that is was found in the 70's by my dad on a private farm while he was working in Athens, Alabama.

OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
UnEarthed72 said:
Holy Cripes!!!

how long have you been finding/collecting those,I'm in NY state and couldnt begin to imagine where i could find just one arrowhead,i know they are around ive read about them being found here.
Unearthed, These have been collected over about 80 years now. As for where to look... try plowed fields on highground near large creeks or rivers where it does not flood and go after a good rainstorm... just make sure you have permission. Too, never look on state or federal land... unless you want to live there surrounded by really high walls with bars. LOL

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very Very Impressive :thumbsup: I've never seen anything like it.You have got to be proud of your Dad and Grandfather.....Just Awesome!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread