What's new

Picture of fossil for id taken in indian bluff shelter

Hi Mr. Mountains,

You didn't by any chance take pictures of the carved steps and the mortars and pestles did you? I'd like to see some if you did.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Kantuckkeean said:
Hi Mr. Mountains,

You didn't by any chance take pictures of the carved steps and the mortars and pestles did you? I'd like to see some if you did.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Sure
Here ya go Kantuck
Some not all of these were from there.The nutting stone was.
 

Attachments

  • 100_1586.webp
    100_1586.webp
    81.3 KB · Views: 394
  • 100_1587.webp
    100_1587.webp
    115.6 KB · Views: 402
Even the most innocuous of creatures we have today , had ancestors that I would not have cared to meet.
Nice fossil TN.
 
Thanks for the photos Mr. Mountains. Those are some nice finds. :icon_thumleft: If you get back up there, please take a pic of the steps as well, maybe one from afar, and then one closer. I'd like to see those too.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Kantuckkeean said:
Thanks for the photos Mr. Mountains. Those are some nice finds. :icon_thumleft: If you get back up there, please take a pic of the steps as well, maybe one from afar, and then one closer. I'd like to see those too.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Ok will do it may be after hunting season before I get back to that lease. The steps were weird. I thought they were morters at first. But they were laid there to travel up around the rock face. We left many morters there as they are hard to hump out.This area was used to gather nuts and that was all. The valley held the game and better shelter.
 
i would love to check out that area,but the heating up of that rock and cooling down will make pieces fall off.i wounder how many indiands had been hit by them.lol.you need to dig deeper.
 
you need to look under that big rock in the right of the picture might be a couple indians under that on.most likely nobody has really dug under it.hurry and dig it i wanna see some flint.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom