What's new

Piece of a ?

FortBedfordbob

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2007
Messages
862
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
Hi, I found this the other day at the old house I got the largie and several flat buttons. My first thought is that was part of a door latch. But I'm not sure. Seems to me I've seen something similar here on T-Net before.
Thanks for you help,
BB
 

Attachments

  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 397
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 382
Looks like the leg of a goffering iron, or some similar stand.
 

Attachments

  • iron_goffer_bi.webp
    iron_goffer_bi.webp
    3.9 KB · Views: 307
  • al174_lg.webp
    al174_lg.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 326
Upvote 0
Could it be a part of an old pistol. I have seen some old pistols with a brass piece similar to yours that runs up the back of the hand grip.
 
Upvote 0
Found it. It's the leg from a brass andiron.

These aren a exact match, but I did find a exact match in Early American Antique Country Furnishings by Neumann, #713, c. 1785-1810.
 

Attachments

  • 151.webp
    151.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 231
  • William Webb andirons, ca.webp
    William Webb andirons, ca.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Two What's Its
Replies
10
Views
637
Replies
12
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED War Clicker?
Replies
2
Views
541

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom