What's new

Pik Stick?

TimeWaster

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2012
Messages
83
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have a preference, or ever use a Pik Stick type device to pick up artifacts? When I am fishing in the river, I see all kinds of stuff down around 3 feet deep that I can't get to. If I had a grabber stick I could reach in and nab it. Last year I was in my canoe in the river and saw a dang diamond diamond ring, (looked like a nice engagement ring) No telling what it was worth, but if I had gone in that 40 degree water, I wouldn't be here now! See attached pic for what I am talking about. PikStik.webp
 
Upvote 0
Never used one, I typically put on a pair of boots and wait till its lowtide
 
Funny you ask. I actually have one. I would guess it would be ok for small things but it doesnt do well for rocks of any size. I figured it would be perfect but was disappointed.
 
I need one that I can be in a float tube fishing and reach down three feet and nab an artifact sized rock. Can't get to them in waders without getting flooded, but sometimes they are just sitting there staring at you.
 
U know I never thought of using mine for that!!! Great great idea ! There's a one in a million idea we need one that can extend to the length u need but sturdy enough that it would not break when u pick up something heavy or you try to pick one off hard ground so it couldn't be made of plastic and u would still want it lite weight so that u wouldn't mind taking it along.
 
Last edited:
Mine is only 2 ft long. A 4 footer would be better for those deep holes. But for a dollar I guess I cant complain.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom