What's new

pin or brooch ?

dbennett7

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2011
Messages
509
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
need help with whatever this is dennis
 

Attachments

  • 021.webp
    021.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 022.webp
    022.webp
    43.2 KB · Views: 120
It looks like it could be half of a clip type closure. Don't know the proper term for it, but what I am describing was often used in place of buttons on jackets or coats. The other half would have a hook that would fit into the slot on the piece you found; they clip together forming "one" piece. This is what it looks like to me. Hope this helps.
 
Upvote 0
Half of a sash buckle
 
Upvote 0
Yepper, dug several in that strange (to me) shape.
I'd say late 1880-1900.
Very nice find!
Carl
 
Upvote 0
I'd say it's one half of a vintage cloak/cape clasp.
 

Attachments

  • 2502_3L.webp
    2502_3L.webp
    94.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 2502_4L.webp
    2502_4L.webp
    87.7 KB · Views: 153
Upvote 0
I've dug these too, well... in half's and always wondered what they were! Thank You!!!:icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
I'd say it's one half of a vintage cloak/cape clasp.

What I am trying to figure out is how this one, made out of black glass, attaches to the cloak? I can see how it might attach to a sash, but not to a cloak. The same holds true for dbennett7's .. I can see where a bar was attached, but don't understand the cloak connection. Of course I don't know a whole lot about them, so my question is merely looking for information and not argumentative. Thanks.
 
Upvote 0
The cloak clasps I have seen in the past are sewn onto the cloak - my thought on this item was based on what looks to be where the clasp might have been attached to the cloak/cape - whatever was there is missing. This could well be a sash buckle, not saying that it's not.
 

Attachments

  • 022.webp
    022.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Type of buckle?
Replies
1
Views
440
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas??
Replies
6
Views
735

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom