HavokSouls

Dec 1, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
It's a small hand held detector that has very limited range and when you are recovering a target it allows you to "pinpoint" the target easier. Look up Garrett ProPointer, MineLab ProFind, DetectorPro UniProbe... Many others out there.

Most folks finds them a very valuable tool, other curse them and call them a waste of time. I love mine.

You detector tells you there is something in the ground. Once you dig your hole or plug, a pinpointer will tell you where in the hole the target is. It's not only saves you time finding your target, but it means you can dig smaller holes, and therefore do less damage when you dig. The Garrett ProPointer is one of the best and is many times better than the cheaper ones out there.

What makes the pro pointer so good? Ive seen videos of it and I dont see why they cost so much.

What makes the pro pointer so good? Ive seen videos of it and I dont see why they cost so much.

I had four other pinpointers , the cheaper ones, before the Pro Pointer, and none of them would give me a signal unless they were actually touching the coin. The Propointer will signal several inches away. And what I really like is that it will beep/buzz slowly when you are a distance away from the target and then much faster as you get closer. And its a great size to slip into a deep pocket or your finds pouch. I never hunt without it.

Using a pinpointer revolutionized my metal detecting. It helped me finally find what was in the hole I dug rather than saying wtf?

Watch youtube....

I know through experience that you will get frustrated without a pinpointer....if you decide to be a hardcore detectorist, this will be a very necessary tool. BELIEVE ME..and believe the guys on here...combined..we've dug 1000's of holes....it is a tool you will learn to appriciate and you'll be glad you got one.

Once you use one u will always want to use it!! It will spoil u I learned that when I took my friend with me and let him use my garret pro pointer...he never left me alone

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back