Pinpointer or Probe recommendations?

I have been using the Garrett Pro-pointer the last few months. I like it a lot. Heavy duty construction, and nice response to targets. I like it better than the pistol probe, which I was using. The Garrett's is built better, and gives a louder response to the target. Haven't really compared the two for deeper response, but happy with the Garret.

I have compared the two as well. The Garrett is nicely made, but only gets less than 2" while the PistolProbe gets well over 4" easily... tuned properly it gets 6". I agree the PistolProbe needs to be a little bit louder, or have a vibrate mode. So far I like the PistolProbe a lot.

I just bought a Garrett pro pointer and love it. Huge improvement over my old whites bullseyes. I think I might like it better than the sunray in line probe too. Time will tell.

I like the Sunray inline probe as it gets about 4 inches in the ground as it works just like a tiny coil right off the detector. You throw a switch from Coil to Probe to choose which one to use. Also you can't for get it as it is attached to the detector.

I like the Sunray inline probe as it gets about 4 inches in the ground as it works just like a tiny coil right off the detector. You throw a switch from Coil to Probe to choose which one to use. Also you can't for get it as it is attached to the detector.

I agree with Sandman.....Sunray inline proble all the way!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I wouldn't detect without it!!

HH,

CAPTN SE
Dan

Sandman knows his stuff. The Sunray is the best. The Vivraprobe is the next, and it isn't attached, so if you have more then one detector, you can get by with one pinpointer. Something to think about.

Captn_SE said:

I agree with Sandman.....Sunray inline proble all the way!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I wouldn't detect without it!!

HH,

CAPTN SE
Dan

I also agree with Sandman and CAPTN SE, you can't got wrong with a SunRay Probe. It works off of your detector's batteries, clips right onto the detector and is always there. A friend of mine was hunting last fall, he had Garrett Probe, he laid it down and forgot it. He never did find it. If he would have had the Sunray it would still be on his detector. I have 5 detectors that I use a SunRay Probe on.

Good Luck on what ever probe you decide on.

HH,Ringfinder

The Sun Ray inline probe is a fantastic unit! I know of many people who use it and have nothing but praise for it! I personally don't use it as I hunt in the woods alot and don't like more cables to tangle in the underbrush and I also don't care for the extra wieght. I use the Garretts propointer and have great luck with it, it is small, compact,WATERPROOF!, and gets decent depth. The entire wand will detect which is nice when you are off on your pinpointing and you have to run the wand around the edge of the hole to pick up a object embedded in the side of the hole. It also will vibrate which is nice when wearing headphones, but still loud enough to hear in ringing mode. I know the detectorpro probe has great depth, but have heard many complaints on it not being waterproof, to quiet, and poor construction. Best to go to a reputable dealer and they will let you try a few out there in the store and that way you can make an informed choice, one that suits your style of hunting and your budget

HH
Slipperyjack47

Slipperyjack47 said:
The Sun Ray inline probe is a fantastic unit! I know of many people who use it and have nothing but praise for it! I personally don't use it as I hunt in the woods alot and don't like more cables to tangle in the underbrush and I also don't care for the extra wieght. I use the Garretts propointer and have great luck with it, it is small, compact,WATERPROOF!, and gets decent depth. The entire wand will detect which is nice when you are off on your pinpointing and you have to run the wand around the edge of the hole to pick up a object embedded in the side of the hole. It also will vibrate which is nice when wearing headphones, but still loud enough to hear in ringing mode. I know the detectorpro probe has great depth, but have heard many complaints on it not being waterproof, to quiet, and poor construction. Best to go to a reputable dealer and they will let you try a few out there in the store and that way you can make an informed choice, one that suits your style of hunting and your budget

HH
Slipperyjack47
That is why i don't use the sun ray extra cable and weight the Garrett Pro pointer is my choice......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back