PINPOINTERS

Summerville Joe

Aug 24, 2006
South Carolina
What is a good pinpointer? I am getting tired of digging a 2 foot wide hole (exagerated a little for effect) to find my target. I just can't seem to find the "spot" on my coil head. How do pinpointers work? I've seen them referenced in several of the posts on Treasurenet. Where can they be purchased? There are no dealers in my area. Is Kellyco a good choice? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Summerville Joe

Korban

Nov 2, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Xterra 30, Sov GT
Your gonna get lotsa opinions on this one. I use a vibraprobe 560, works great for me. Look up some reviews of the various ones out there. There are alot out there and a wide price range. Its worth having one, makes recovery time shorter in my opinion.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This topic has came up alot over the last few months :D. You'll certainly get many recommendations and reasons why.

But here's the BEST deal I found and I looked and looked, read and read. Finally I purchased the Teknetics from a guy named Bill at: http://www.billsdetectorsales.com/pinpointers.html.

Check him out....he ships fast (got mine in 3 days) and excellent customer service (called when he got the order and called when he shipped it).

I don't think you'll find a better pinpointer. Some say Vibroprobe, Bullseye, etc. But this particular model is ONE PIECE and it only detects on the very tip, and is very sensitive to metal. It has one knob (on/off/sensitivity) and it is TOUGH...I've caught myself digging with it! For 50 bucks you'll not find a better pinpointer.

Check out his site.....here's a pic of it...

Attachments

• tekneticspinpointer.jpg
    tekneticspinpointer.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 337
  • tekneticspinpointer.jpg
    tekneticspinpointer.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 330

Mike T

Oct 4, 2006
Tesoro makes a pinpointer that is the most powerful, the Treasure mate, it wil detect a coin at 3" where most are 1/2 to 1 ", but it cost $150 Mike T

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike T said:
Tesoro makes a pinpointer that is the most powerful, the Treasure mate, it wil detect a coin at 3" where most are 1/2 to 1 ", but it cost $150 Mike T

I don't think these will go over very well with people....who want's a pinpointer that detects a coin at 3" or more? The purpose of pinpointing is ----- well PINPOINTING.

detectoraddict

Aug 3, 2004
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, F-75
The 560 has my vote! I tried the Treasure Mate and it is a pain to keep having to adjust it. I do wish Vibraprobe would make an on/off push button though, as sometimes it interfers with detecting until it turns itself off.

Korban

Nov 2, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Xterra 30, Sov GT
The only time ive had my vibraprobe effect my detector is when i get down to dig and set the probe too close to the coil. Other than that ive had no problems. Ive never used anything else so i dont know the quality of the others out there, but i will say my probe has been a pretty tough tool, well worth the money.

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
I just received mine from technetics, and I'll try it tonight. The same one Nightstalker bought. I had the whites pinpointer for a bit more than a year, and one day it no longer worked. Still came on, but no sound. This one seems well made, and only half the price. About $54.00

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Aussie Okie said:
I just bought a White's DFX and they threw a 'Automax Precision V4 Pinpointer' in for free.....any good??

I've had good luck with the V4. I know there are better ones and even
inline probes which work extemely well. My V4 was bought cheap from
Kellyco, so i'll use it till it breaks!! Then upgrade. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions