Pipe piece?

katieadkins

Oct 5, 2012
Was told that this was part of a Village pipe, found the flat piece today (from same area) was super psyched
Validate please?

image-1142923024.jpg

image-2873715376.jpg

image-1873998119.jpg

Katie 'plays with dirt' Adkins

Upvote 0
its badly broken up, but i think it is a pipe.
you mite be on to a hot spot.go back and check that whole place out very good.

Def an old pipe! Gatorboy is good with pipes, he helped I.D. mine, im sure he can give you some good info on it

birdpointgriswold said:
Def an old pipe! Gatorboy is good with pipes, he helped I.D. mine, im sure he can give you some good info on it

Sweet! Thank you!

Yup, Katie- you got pipe pieces there! Now, with one-piece (meaning they aren't the chunkier ones made to have a reed stem) pipes, the later the date, the smaller the stem hole, so your's, I think, is colonial. Very cool- and as I've always thought, colonists liked the places where N.A.'s lived- good real estate., so you might find much more. I have often found N.A. items mixed in w/ old dump trash. Kinda makes a hunt more complex- as one's eye catched metal, glass, glazed pottery, AND points/tools. I think you may be onro something there- get at it!
Cheers!
Yak

I couldn't have worded that better than Yakker. Definitely check out that area. Besides the fact That Native Americans May have used that same area first.. You could quite possibly find.. Musket balls,flints,and other colonial artifacts there..buttons..coins..that sort of thing. It would be a a good spot to check with a metal detector.

Woohoo!! Finally!!:) thank you for the info and link too! What I've read was the Orapak Indians were on this land, but also, it's part of seven days battles. Can't wait to get back out tomorrow!

Tropical storm winds and pouring rain today..I'm still going..haha

GatorBoy said:
Tropical storm winds and pouring rain today..I'm still going..haha

Ohhh yeah!! I know I look like the crazy lady out there! Hopefully y'all won't get hit too hard, we're supposed to catch remnants from the storm---which means mo'rain and no power 7-:

Woohoo!! Finally!!:) thank you for the info and link too! What I've read was the Orapak Indians were on this land, but also, it's part of seven days battles. Can't wait to get back out tomorrow!

Yeah! Finally got something. I hope to see more of this type of thing. Now look for chipped rocks with sharp edges and secondary flaking. Google Secondary flaking and see what comes up so tou know what to look for. And dont forget to look for flakes in the dirt. Congrats, rock

Forgot to mention- coulda been a trade pipe too. Colonists trades things to Indians all the time. If so, consider (among all the other things you're looking for) looking for beads, small kettle-tin items, bells- the list really goes on and on. I think the metal detecor idea is excellent. You've got a spot! Now th fun begins!
Happy Hunting-
Yak

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back