Pipeline down

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
it would be hell on earth for most people , yet The many Amish families in my area seem to do just fine with no gas or electric .

Noticed a fuel oil tank outside an Amish home the other day.

Keep driving past the Amish store without stopping to ask where they get white gas.
Hoping they have a bulk tank nearby I could buy out of.
And maybe barter with some gas lanterns or lantern repairs in time.
But yes , it might be hard to starve them out.
Many homes of thier's I'm around are not too heavy in the woodlot department though. Usually a mill around each community , so slabwood could be a fuel source. (?)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my oppinion, it is a healthy attitude not to belive everyting. Maybe even anything. I use to work for a telephone company, we had two completely separated networks, one for the customers and another one for runing, maintaining and supervising the first one. To hach it, one woud require phisical access to servers, to access the servers, howewer, required strong personal identification process, followed by the report of tasks performed. The malicious activity was a daily thing on the opened network, the closed one had zero incidents. That was 20 years ago......

What phone company did you work for? I worked for several phone companies in my career.

OP
OP
newnan man

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Really not too hard for me to imagine, it would be total anarchy. Picture the walking dead without the zombies just roving gangs of thugs. People who were brought up gardening, trapping, camping, fishing and hunting will fare much better than those brought up in the cities and who never learned the skills needed to live off the land.

I agree that us older folks probably would fare better. The problem I see would be hoards of hungry people coming after what we have stored or grown. Hard to hide a garden plot. If people are hungry they will do anything including murder & cannibalism. Sad & hope it never gets that bad. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that us older folks probably would fare better. The problem I see would be hoards of hungry people coming after what we have stored or grown. Hard to hide a garden plot. If people are hungry they will do anything including murder & cannibalism. Sad & hope it never gets that bad. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Well you can only shoot so many zombies, The answer is to learn all the wild edibles in your area , when and where to find them and how to prepare them .
I find lots of wild foods in the woods that most people would call weeds.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I already have a bug out location, wife's sister owns several acres of land that borders the 500,000+ acres of Green Swamp in Florida, it is the headwater of 5 rivers, the Peace, Withlacoochee, Ocklawaha and Hillsborough rivers with lots of ponds, lakes, woods and wildlife to hunt and her property is located in the country with very few neighbors. Lot of deer, wild pigs, squirrels, turkey, quail and fish.

Many of us have been stocking ammo against a blue zombie invasion for years and the good news is ammo doesn't go bad when properly stored.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I already have a bug out location, wife's sister owns several acres of land that borders the 500,000+ acres of Green Swamp in Florida, it is the headwater of 5 rivers, the Peace, Withlacoochee, Ocklawaha and Hillsborough rivers with lots of ponds, lakes, woods and wildlife to hunt and her property is located in the country with very few neighbors. Lot of deer, wild pigs, squirrels, turkey, quail and fish.

Many of us have been stocking ammo against a blue zombie invasion for years and the good news is ammo doesn't go bad when properly stored.

Wife's sister married? (Just kidding.)

Should things go wrong , I'll bug in. And raise an eyebrow if any masses travel this far from a city.
But...Have about 980 reasons in one heavy caliber alone for unwanted visitors to stay out of my house.
Thousands of lesser reasons...

10 miles to my hunting property if need be.
It offers meat , but cattails and other forage in season as well. Cattails anytime.
30 cal. ammo can of Spam and five gallon pail of rice should I run out of stock.
Dogs would need to eat rice though after a while if it got too bad sourcing elsewhere.
I wouldn't be passing up road hit deer at that point.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife's sister married? (Just kidding.)

Should things go wrong , I'll bug in. And raise an eyebrow if any masses travel this far from a city.
But...Have about 980 reasons in one heavy caliber alone for unwanted visitors to stay out of my house.
Thousands of lesser reasons...

10 miles to my hunting property if need be.
It offers meat , but cattails and other forage in season as well. Cattails anytime.
30 cal. ammo can of Spam and five gallon pail of rice should I run out of stock.
Dogs would need to eat rice though after a while if it got too bad sourcing elsewhere.
I wouldn't be passing up road hit deer at that point.

I have approximately 10,000 reasons to argue with in several different languages.

Mescalero1

Greenie
Jun 26, 2020
San Fernando Valley
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Civilization is a very thin veneer indeed. One could not begin to imagine the chaos if the worlds infrastructure when down for an extended amount of time.

You don't have to imagine, this is what it looks like

file-20200629-155353-nvp69s.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread