What's new

Pitt County and surrounding counties

Gravitytester

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2016
Messages
64
Reaction score
53
Golden Thread
0
Location
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine lab Excalibur I, Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just starting out and would like to partner up with someone. I searched the threads before posting and the most recent one was in 2014 so I decided to start a new thread. If anyone is active in the area and wouldn't mind me tagging along, drop me a line.
 
I picked up a metal detector at the flea market and have been dying to find somewhere to go in or around Greenville myself as it is hard to find public land to relic hunt. I wouldn't mind looking for somewhere to go as well.
 
The city of Greenville does not prohibit metal detectors in their parks but they do prohibit digging in the parks. I know of a old civil war encampment in Kinston. It is not mentioned very often in books but I do have a copy of a map from the civil war. The problem I am having is matching that map up to current topo maps of the area. It is on the Neuse River a little south of town.
 
Yeah that would be a great place to go. DOes the map show any distinct curves of the river or anything like that? Yeah I seen that Greenville doesn't allow metal detectors in the parks which I could understand with all the digging. Im gonna test my back yard this weekend to get my detectors right. You ex military by chance?
 
I have tried matching the map with google earth and with a map from the US Geological Service but can nail it down. I think I have narrowed it down to one of two spots. Yea I am a former Army EOD Tech.
 
Gravity, thanks for your service.

Make sure you check out the "Barracks" forum here.
 
Good to hear you almost got I narrowed down. Yeah I was in 101st airborne Infantry. Got out in '04. Glad to see a fellow serviceman up here.
 
You boys ever come to raleigh, let me know. We will go detecting if I can get some notice
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom