What's new

pitted metal prong

Stegner

Full Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2010
Messages
146
Reaction score
24
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC, Whites Prizm 5
Found this on an old farm dated to late 1800's, found in the farm field. My guess is its the prong from a piece of old farm machinery and nothing more. Before I pitch this, thought I'd ask the collective genius of TNet.
 

Attachments

  • prongside1compress.webp
    prongside1compress.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 241
  • prongside2compress.webp
    prongside2compress.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 242
It's difficult to tell how large it is just by the photo, but it has the shape of the end of a pick.
 
Upvote 0
The other pics I took had a quarter in the image for perspective - sorry about no size reference. This piece is a bit longer than a man's finger. Not crude iron - look at the tip - it looks like the surface was smooth. My thought was a piece of a thresher of some sort.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom