Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well after a long delay due to weather and my working the weekends, Mom and I got together tonight for dinner and to search a box of pennies. In the last couple of weeks I've found a couple of cool coins: a quarter damaged in a fire (found in a coinstar machine), a 72 Lincoln cent stamped with an image of JFK, and a 47 King George Canadian Penny. After showing Mom my finds, we dove into the box of Cents. Mom hit first with a couple of Canadian Pennies. She also found the first Wheat cent. My first find was a Canadian Penny. Mom also found the first dime in a roll. (Seeing a pattern anyone?)

I finally found a wheat. A 58D. I also found a dime.

Then Mom says I think I found a wheat. She then says I think it's a 47. She's having trouble reading the date so I take a look. WRONG! It was a 1917 and in reasonably nice shape.

The only area I tied in was dimes, we each found 3. Alas no silver dimes.

As far as dinner...I tried anchovies for the first time. Very rich and not as horrible as I always heard. Not something I want every time I order pizza, but something I'll have again.

Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yuck anchovies stink. tell your mom hi for me

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you and mom had a wonderful time, there's nothing like searching through coins and having a meal with a crh buddy :)
I open a box of halves every weekend with my grandfather and occasionally order from his bank and we go through the coins and then out to dinner. it's a nice hobby and is even more enjoyable to do it with somebody else :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread