Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Pulling up to the house where I live, I saw a man looking over my fence. I didnt pull in the driveway right away and I stayed back a bit to see what he was up to. I observed him pulling out weeds through the fence.

I asked him what he was doing. He responded in broken English that his wife was pregnant and he need some medicine. He appeared to be from the Caribean; maybe Haitian (we have many black families from the islands living in South Florida). I must have looked confused and he said "you dont know what this is, do you?. I responded that as far as I know they were weeds and he could have them all. He added that he didnt want to take them all just now and asked if he could come back for more later as the plant grows fast.

He said he boils the leaves to make a tea and it will help his wife. He called it Asoci. (maybe spelled wrong; sounds like "ah saucey") Does anybody know anything about this plant? It has small yellow flowers. I have always considered it an exotic weed vine.

Attachments

• plant.jpg
    plant.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 1,602

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
Re: Plant for Pregnant Women?

I googled ;D Do you think this is it?

http://consejo.bz/belize/bushmedicine.html

cerasee.jpg

Cerasee
A tea made of the vine is used for diabetes, hypertension, worms, dysentery, malaria and as a general tonic and blood purifier. It is also very effective to relieve constipation and colds and fevers in children.

Women in Latin American use the leaf for menstrual problems to promote discharge after childbirth. The tea is taken for 9 days after giving birth to clean out and tone up all the organs involved in the delivery. Cerasee is also used as a natural method of birth control, by taking two cups each day after intercourse, for three days. It is said that women who drink Cerasee daily will not conceive during that time.

As a wash, the tea is used externally for sores, rashes, skin ulcers and all skin problems. A Cerasee bath is good for arthritis, rheumatism, gout and other similar ailments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: Plant for Pregnant Women?

Bramblefind said:
I googled ;D Do you think this is it?
Ah "bush medicine" ...yep I think thats it. Is very strange because this man was just walking down the sidewalk, noticed the weed, turned back, reached thru the fence and grabbed a handful.

Upvote 0

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting. Thanks for posting. :icon_thumleft:
I like the term 'a pharmacy on a fence'
but you still gotta be aware :o
Those Lycopenes don't like giving themselves up easily!

Mike

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread